Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Wet down to check the reptiles and rodents this morning to find this 5 foot Coastal trying to get some breakfast. I offered it a dead rat and it took it with no problems, it's now just roaming about looking for somewhere a bit warm and dry I think.
welcome_visitor.jpg

Ratsnack.jpg

all_gone.jpg

That's how we got our last dog....lock the shed...finders keepers!!!

LOl, cool stuff, only wish I had herps visiting my shed! :D

Yeah it's great to see them doing what comes naturally, it's still a big thrill. He is the second one we have had around here.

We've also been fortunate to have coastals, brown and green tree snakes, keelbacks, rough-scaled snakes, small-eyed snakes, pink-tongues, bearded dragons, bandy bandy's, white crowned snakes and yellow-faced whip snakes at our house. We've even found hatchling coastal carpets and keelbacks in the garage where we keep some of our herps! One day I got bitten by a 5ft carpet in our mouse & rat house.

Expansa1
Forgot to mention a Broad-shelled turtle laying eggs 10 feet from our front door!

We have had green treesnakes, carpets and a red bellied black in our backyard, also a lone bearded dragon, a pink tongue, blue tongue 1000's of skinks and geckos.

Ah, shame I don't get anywildlife around here, used to be loads at the old place, saw some of the most beautiful looking McDowelli there, had great colours.

Where are you from ? I thought pretty much anywhere around here would be good for the wildlfe. We even had a wallaby on the road outside the other day, dead unfortunately and we have koalas opposite.

I'd love to see even common roos or Blue Tongues, only thing worth mentioning around here are the Verreaux's Skinks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA,

If you think thats cool try darwin ;)

Re: RE: Welcome Visitor

expansa1 said:
We've also been fortunate to have coastals, brown and green tree snakes, keelbacks, rough-scaled snakes, small-eyed snakes, pink-tongues, bearded dragons, bandy bandy's, white crowned snakes and yellow-faced whip snakes at our house. We've even found hatchling coastal carpets and keelbacks in the garage where we keep some of our herps! One day I got bitten by a 5ft carpet in our mouse & rat house.

Expansa1
Forgot to mention a Broad-shelled turtle laying eggs 10 feet from our front door!

Just more reasons to justify moving to QLD in a few years time, Awesome!
Like being in Disneyland, but at home! LOL!

Neil

RE: Re: RE: Welcome Visitor

Oh yes, I suppose someone has to live in Sydney, I'm just glad it isn't me ;-)

RE: Re: RE: Welcome Visitor

I am on the Nortside of Brisbaen and we get heaps of Water Dragons from Hatchlings to fully grown in our yard and even swimming in our pool in Summer, and a few months ago spotted a Green Tree Snake. I have heard of Carpets around the area and my Wife saw one on the road at night near our house last summer. Also get plenty of Asian House Geckoes and Cane Toads.

It's great having herps living all around you.I have a bts and a carpet slough in my shed i just spotted a few days ago and come across so much variety...gotta love Qld 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back