Well Hello!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosia

Reaction score
HI ALL!!!

What a great site! Ok so after years and years of nagging my husband has finally got his way and talked me into getting a snake! But I must admit I am actually looking forward, bringing our little girl home (just don't tell him that lol.) I am actually surprised at how much time I am spending goggling this little slimy creature - and enjoying it. So I guess this explain why and how i have made my way here.

I am sure in the near future I be asking you all for expert advise but for now I thought I just say hello :lol:

Gosia

OH I do have a question already...(told you) judging by the profile picture do you think my girl is pure diamond Python or a hybrid - thanks.

Oops.....not seeing a profile pic??

Congrats on yours snake, and welcome to APS :)

When my son got his first one 3 years ago, I couldn't even sit at one end of the couch while he was holding it on the other :lol:
Now he just brings them out and plops them in my lap!

They are much nicer than I originally thought, and number 6 arrives in a couple of weeks!

Hi Michelle,

Sorry here is the profile pic -bit of technical probs sorry! WOW 6????!!!! let me get use to one for now lol

Hi and a big welcome....ummmm, one small point....snakes are not "slimy" :) I'm sure you'll love your new friend. I didn't watch tv for 6 months after I got mine, just sat watching him like a new mother does with a baby....the slightest movement, the grace and elegance of them....wonderful, wonderful creatures. This is a great site, lots of fun friendly helpful people, good luck. :)

judging by the profile picture do you think my girl is pure diamond Python or a hybrid - thanks.

I would not have a clue about such technical things :lol: But she LOOKS Diamond, and she is very pretty. Diamonds are one of my favourites :)

welcome to the sight, you'll learn to love the snake, I promise. you will have more in 6 months.
Looks pure to me, and a very pretty one at that :)

hi there and welcome you will find everyone on here kind and only to happy to answer any questions you may have
we recently got our first snake and he is amazing in my eyes should have bought one for my self not hubby lol
lanzz :)

hi there and welcome you will find everyone on here kind and only to happy to answer any questions you may have
we recently got our first snake and he is amazing in my eyes should have bought one for my self not hubby lol
lanzz :)

I think your hubby's snake needs a mate ;)

Oh thank you guys, yes I also think she is pretty (for a snake lol) very nice yellow in her but about the mate...well.....lets just wait and see, shell we haha! Tho from the size of enclousure he is ordering.....looks like there might be room for more!

Great to have you on board gosia - I'm sure you'll enjoy the APS ride!
Look forward to seeing lots of pics of your 'slimy' babies... ;)
Nic

But be careful....there are some people you have to be very careful of....like, NICMAN 72....now he's a real shady character....very cheeky. LOL Strange as he is....you'll learn to love him. LOL

Hi Gosia, welcome to the site. i am a relative newbie too, only got my first snake about a month ago. My wife is farm girl and grew up with the old 'the only good snake is a dead snake'. Took a lot of work to change her attitude, had my licence for 2 years before i talked her into getting one and now she'll even hold it, although still a little nervously.

Hi, Piggo, Grannieannie, Nicman72, and all the above:) thanks a lot I feel part of the family already! lol. I do have a question (or few) for you tho - with the branches you put in the enclosure - do they have to be like some special ones that you buy or can I just chop an old tree down and put it in there - if ya know what I mean. Also - what do u use on the bottom of the tank? Sorry so many questions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back