Western Brown......AT MY BACK DOOR!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just caught this fella right at my back door!!! My mum had just walked past it 4 times picking peaches off the tree and collecting the eggs, when I went outside to see her, and saw something out of the corner of my eye behind the air conditioner unit! I was pretty excited when I saw this awsome specimen (bit different to the frequent sighting of eastern browns around here). This is the second one i've seen on this property in the last 3 years. My mum is still recovering from the small coronary she suffered while I made her hold the bag to take some photos! HAha!!!

As you Can see from the photos he has a piece of wire stuck around his neck. I rang Rob Bredl, as I'm not far from Bredl's Reptile Park (in Renmark SA), and I'm going there tomorrow so we can remove the wire from around his neck. Should be fun :)

First photo is where he was between my two back doors! Enjoy!

Last edited:
:shock: ..good find, looks like he'd be in a fair amount of pain poor little bugger! hope he's ok

Yeah, he's a lucky fella! Wouldn't have survived with that around his neck! I don't think it's been there long. I'm just really looking forward to spending some quality time with Rob Bredl!

Good work Jozz, good luck removing the wire, looks painful for the poor little bugger. Let us know how it goes.

I'll definately let you know how it goes tomorrow - there will be plenty of photos I promise! :)

Yeah, if he wound up at my boss's house just down the hill, he would have got the shovel for sure :(

:evil: Another fine example of the damage our waste causes. Onya Jozz. Keep us informed.;)

that looks very painful and i dont think it would be able to eat
hope it survives the poor thing

It certainly will survive! It hasn't been on there for long (it probably happened in my shed or something?), and it will be removed tomorrow :)

you don't need to get someone else to cut the wire off all you need is a pair of side cutter and a thick pice of fabric to put over its head to cut the wire

Good find Jozz. What do u think the peice of metal is. looks sort of like a clip of some discription, maybe u need to start another campaign for cutting all beer holder plastic ie the dolphins, but for herps. good luck tomorrow.

you don't need to get someone else to cut the wire off all you need is a pair of side cutter and a thick pice of fabric to put over its head to cut the wire

I do realise this :rolleyes: I'm on my own, and could do it myself - I do have the tools, but would prefer to be around someone with alot of experience, and it's a good excuse to catch up with Rob :) I have only been working with vens for a couple of years, and want to get as much experience as possible around people like him.

I have cut bird netting off of eastern browns a couple of times by myself mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back