>>>what breed of snake is this???<<<

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharskie

Reaction score
Hey all, i was very lucky to have picked up this beautiful male and female pair from a close friend who was down sizing. Now i know you cant tell a breed from looks alone and would need to see the parents to be sure but im just looking for some opinions. They are approx. 2 1/2 to 3 years old and about 3 1/2 to 4 ft in length. I will get some more pics up tonight but some thoughts would be great.

Attachments

• 14032011202.jpg
    14032011202.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 14032011201.jpg
    14032011201.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 156
wouldnt the owner have to have told you a breed for you to put onto your reptile licence?

photo's are a bit decieving when comparing them on colour, i would guess coastals. like you said hard to say without anyone knowing their history.

what ever you bought them as is probably your most accurate guess ;)

I put them down as eastern coastal carpets, but i am not sure due to there size and patterns. have you seen many jungles with this type of pattern and coloring

Cant really tell by those pics, a few pics out on the grass on a sunny day would help.
Id guess coastals.

if your friend is a close friend call him and ask????? you will need the info and his AKL to transfer them onto your license anyway

coastals, and most morelia, have a lot of variation in them with colours and patterns. the size is dependent on how much they are fed. If they were sold to you as coastals that's what i'd be calling them.

i have spoken to my mate on a number of occasions about the breed of these guys and he said he was 99% sure they are eastern coastals so hence have been put on my licence as eastern coastals. In one of these many discussions he confessed that he was some what sceptical on the honnesty of the pictures he saw of the parents.

Unless these are wild caught I can't understand why you/he couldn't ask the person you got them from? Fair enough if you don't believe them but whatever they told you is what you have to put them down as for reporting.

i already said a number of times now that they are on the licence as eastern coastals, i am not looking for more places to find answers but OPINIONS.

Ok fair enough sorry. Have you got pics in natural light? Artificial light can make the colours looks different than they really are (in the first pic they look yellow)

i will have outside pics up within the next 20 minuts

what do you mean by dirty? is that a refrence to the patterning?

17032011229.jpg17032011228.jpghere some outside pictures of the male17032011230.jpg

Last edited:
yeah the female is just about done with her shed so i will get some pics up of her soon as well. she has very interesting patterns.

Yeah my money is on Coastal but these things can be so blurred sometimes (not the photos, the sub-species ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back