What Do You Collect

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I was collecting Husbands......But no-one would steal them, sorry guys I just have a terrible sense of humor....
I collect crystals and have some very awesome ones.....(lost a few in the move though)

CD's and Vinyal records. Considering im 16 and live in an age where everyone downloads everything, im pretty far behind my generation lol. I dont own a single piece of music that i dont have on CD or vinyal record. I have cassette tapes too. Old music is the best, therefore the old formats are the best :D

My most recent hobby - i'm starting to collect tanned pelts and learning how to skin and tan pelts myself ( Personally I will only use animals that died of natural causes, or pests that have been killed by farmers, rabbits etc). I still feel very hypocritical though as I am a huge animal lover and actively support many wildlife conservations.

Some of the ones I have bought were made from road-killed animals aswell which I don't feel as bad about, they were made into something useful, and beautiful to be respected for many years to come, rather than rotting into the ground. Others are legally hunted, but this is inevitable (unless the human race dramatically changes it's ways anytime soon) and so I would rather them come to me and be respected for what they were, than to go to a fashion designer or similar to be worn around by some stuck up snob. I would never use a fur as fashion piece to be paraded around to boost my ego or to feel superior - the bags I do have are tribal style (not fashion) and are never taken into public.

I guess I like them as they make me feel closer to nature, and it's so comforting and relaxing to snuggle up to one on a cold night or when your stressed. Below are my two coyotes, a fawn rabbit, two coyote bags, a swift fox and swift fox tail, a painted grey fox skull, and a wolf I will be getting in the next few months ( big pain in the butt with permits and importing I might add ) He is a big boy, over 7ft long.

Please no condemning comments, I can assure you I probably have a greater love of animals than most of you who will complain, and done more for conservation aswell. Ultimately I do wish that they could live without being hunted, but sadly this isn't the case for many species, and they are given a very respectful home here.

I am also moving into making tribal jewelry and crafts from animal products to sell ( decorated tails, necklaces with tooth / claws, small bags etc ). For every item I sell I will be donating a large part of the money back into conservation efforts or to no-kill animal shelters. :)

Attachments

• Darker Coyote.jpg
    Darker Coyote.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 36
  • Silver Coyote.jpg
    Silver Coyote.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Swift Fox.jpg
    Swift Fox.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Fawn Rabbit.jpg
    Fawn Rabbit.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Wolf2.jpg
    Wolf2.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Wolf Face.jpg
    Wolf Face.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 45
  • skull.jpg
    skull.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020758.jpg
    P1020758.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 35
  • P1020762.jpg
    P1020762.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020831.jpg
    P1020831.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
I have a mini statue of a spartan helmet, I got it in Greece when I was visiting family

I collect.....husbands....I've married two named..... BRIAN !! :)

But in the past I've collected teddy bears....they eventually went to charities for Christmas. And 18 years ago when we toured overseas for 3 months I collected over 300 key rings, but they've gone now too.

Basically to me now, collecting things mean "clutter" and more things to dust, and I hate clutter.

I love all the armour you've collected.....I hope you've got it insured .... it looks very valuable.

A small hobby that kinda got out of control lol

More001.jpg

Very nice collection of bundy. You have the benefit of being in qld makes getting some of those easier. We have got most of those but I can't find anywhere that sells watermark in nsw. One of my dads mate has a room full of everything bundy bottle, merchandise, everything. I love the look of the bottle for 10 year old. We have 2 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're after watermark, order online with Dan Murphy's.

I'm pretty sure it was only released in Qld and Vic to commemorate the floods. I got two more watermark yesterday in sequence lol.

There's a new release on the 5th of June as well.

CD's and Vinyal records. Considering im 16 and live in an age where everyone downloads everything, im pretty far behind my generation lol. I dont own a single piece of music that i dont have on CD or vinyal record. I have cassette tapes too. Old music is the best, therefore the old formats are the best :D

Old music is so bad, my dad loved it and played all that awful crap like Queen and the Beetles and I felt like ripping my ears off whenever he played it.

i have a few oldies at my parents, loved the records, unfortunatly i dont have the money to spend on them, my dads neighbout had a 30,000 dollar diamond/gold needle, gold ribbon speaker wire, and bout 60,000 worth of speakers and turntable and amp. jealous, tho he owns a record store here on the north coast... dads is just a few grand all up

If you're after watermark, order online with Dan Murphy's.

I'm pretty sure it was only released in Qld and Vic to commemorate the floods. I got two more watermark yesterday in sequence lol.

There's a new release on the 5th of June as well.

Thanks for that I found a dan murphy's between work and home I will get a couple of bottle next week. Dan murphy's online you have to buy 12 bottle if you want it delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back