What do you do for work?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for minimum wage in a job that deserves danger money... and not just for me somedays but for the customers who irritate me with their stupidity. I serve muppets at a petrol station! Not many jobs where i am that don't require special licenses (mines etc)

I work as a research assistant on a lexicographical project at uni, pretty much making a dictionary relative to a specific archive of ancient Greek papyri found in Egypt... which is a bit different i suppose. Then, i'm a slave three days a week at an aquarium based pet store for extra dosh. The joys of being a student =p

Last edited:
I worked at McDonalds when I was in year 10 at school nothing like $6.57 an hour. Now I am a fitter & machinist, much better money lol.

Sorry did do a quick search for job not profession.

I work for minimum wage in a job that deserves danger money... and not just for me somedays but for the customers who irritate me with their stupidity. I serve muppets at a petrol station! Not many jobs where i am that don't require special licenses (mines etc)
Are you the girl who says if you wish to smoke remove your self from the petrol station?

Everybody hates me, I deliver bills and pretend their front lawn is a motor cross track.

Yes I am a postie

Are you the girl who says if you wish to smoke remove your self from the petrol station?

That's the super polite version. The x rated one it what I say in the shop by myself! Its a woolies station if that gives you an idea on the kind of customers we attract

builder and Karate instructor (the later for the stress caused by the first one lol)

Everybody hates me, I deliver bills and pretend their front lawn is a motor cross track.

Yes I am a postie

I like posties. Then again I get all my bills online, and we used to have fun trying to catch our postie out. Seriously, the guy was a freaking ninja; for a dude in a hi-vis shirt riding a rattly old postie bike he could have run stealth missions for covert ops, we almost never caught him delivering!

Chartered Accountant.... yes, living the dream :p

Thinking of changing careers atm, not enjoying staring at a computer screen the whole day.

I did that for a few years during my undergrad course! Wonderful job. How many times you been held up?

I work as a research assistant on a lexicographical project at uni, pretty much making a dictionary relative to a specific archive of ancient Greek papyri found in Egypt... which is a bit different i suppose. Then, i'm a slave three days a week at an aquarium based pet store for extra dosh. The joys of being a student =p

That sounds awesome! What uni?

Office manager for a recruitment company. Getting paid top dollar (for my age)to sit here and do nothing all day.

That sounds awesome! What uni?

At Macquarie. I was really lucky to score the job tbh since i'm still undergrad, i think my greek/latin lecturer (who is one of the head researchers of the project) was trying to give me a foot in the door to the profession. Easily the best job i've ever had; i get to work from home, doing what i love and getting experience in my field while i'm studying. If you ever get offered a job by a university, take it- the pay is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back