What happened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let politics control you :)

Bottom line is the site owner pays the bills and when you subscribe you agree to the terms and conditions = site owner determines the content, not just this site either.

Exactly.

Don't let politics control you :)

Bottom line is the site owner pays the bills and when you subscribe you agree to the terms and conditions = site owner determines the content, not just this site either.

I think you're being a little harsh and probably taking this a bit too seriously.

It's just a forum. Does it really matter if things get edited and people get banned? I've copped my share of editing and banning, i'm of the opinion that i'm always right but i accept my infractions and editing as collatoral damage in the effort to have the forum up and running in a friendly manner.

Was that original intentions of APS? To control and silence? To edit and ban?

No i don't think it is in the majority of cases. Most moderating is done to keep the peace on the forum between different members. Otherwise most discussions will derail into slinging matches.

And if saying something really is that important to you there are other ways to do it publicly.

It's denying opinion, are you really ok with that?

I agree with Gordo. According to the home page there are almost 27000 members on here now. Even if only about 10% of them are active that's nearly 3000 potential differences of opinion and where you have differences of opinion you inevitably have arguments. Or maybe some members come here and seem to rub the whole community the wrong way (like everyone's favourite friend at the moment). So any thread they become involved in generally turns to crap. I'd prefer to have the mods editing posts and banning trouble makers if it means keeping some semblance of peace in most threads.

Last edited:
I hardly think it's 'controlling and silencing' taking out a few offensive words and replacing them...don't forget you're not the only one who uses this site, alot of children and oldies and everyone in between use it too. Some people are offended by foul language and as much as it may be the only way to express exactly how you feel, it's inappropriate on a public forum. Just like out of hand slandering, name calling and personal insults will get people banned. Fay and Colin and the other mods do this in their own time, trying to keep this place as clean as possible and a friendly place to come for everyone. This is a reptile forum for learning and sharing experiences, not whining about the conspiracies of politics.

If it really upsets you that much, don't take part, or failing that, don't stress over it so much and just enjoy your reps for what they are. Worrying doesn't remove the troubles from tomorrow, it removes strength from today.

99% of the editing that goes on here is for the good of the cause. I makes for a happier stay for some.

Just look at whats been happening? Look at everyone who has been named and shamed with allowance and then look who gets banned or edited for having an opinion.

Best way to deal with it...Get over it. It's going to happen no matter where you go. It's human society trying to stick together and make a nice place to live, some people can't gel with the rules, those people get pushed out. Somehow I'm thinking this relates in no way to the rules on our forum anymore...

I'll tell you this for free Fairy, the moderating over the last year has been incredibly common sensical compared to previous years. I think it has been pretty good to be totally honest. There was a time when there was very little common sense used, there was also a time when there were mods abusing people and telling people what they thought of the forum lol.

Colin, Fay and Ddaldo do as pretty good job imo. Even if Fay did give me an infraction this morning lol, another one of those collatoral damages things i was talking about.

And the people who start it are usually banned? The mods can't be everywhere at once, that's why we have a reporting system, if nobody reports it and it slips off the first page sometimes they miss things. I think that's a pretty reasonable explanation don't you?

Where are the examples of this naming and shaming that you say has gone unpunished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back