What happened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they can't be direct threats lol, they have to be in a round about kind of way where you have to ask yourself 'Did i just get threatened???' And then you ask the person who is threatening you 'Did you just threaten me?' and they respond with 'I'm just saying.... blah blah blah.'

Then you know you've had a death, or atleast a very grievous bodily harm threat lol.

Was that a threat? :lol:

oh yeah , nah - maybe :lol:
if u wanted it to be , then sure . if not then no , if your on the fence about it then maybe . i hope thats cleared that up lol .

Don't forget threats of arson... a personal favourite :lol:
Fight fire with fire.

Or am I also taking things too seriously :?... :lol:

You have all missed the point.

I really think this thread has no point, thats just my opinion. Moderators will always be here, and they are doing their jobs as directed by by the site owner/s. If members touch a nerve of the site owner/s, then they will be dealt with. It seems pretty simple and fair to me.

Cheers Brad

I wasn't going to buy into this, but it was getting too good to resist. This is great - we'll worthy of a chuckle:lol::lol:. Cyber bullying - what a crock of 5h!t. This world needs a serious reality check. The "Cyber Bullies" aren't going to chase you down the street and beat you up. If you don't like what's written (or deleted) - you have the "power"...........turn the computer off, have a sook and get back to living.

Suck it up Princess:shock:.

The mods here seem to be doing a pretty good job and keep it civilised for the general public. As others have said "whats the point to this thread". At least it gave me a chuckle or 2.

Does this now class me as a cyber bully:?:?

People should be able to go on the internet without being harassed. I'm personally sick of hearing the excuse 'it's just the internet'. Bullying shouldn't be acceptable anywhere. I believe it takes a very weak and small person to resort to online bullying, it's very cowardly. When someone is being bullied in person you could tell them to walk away, but is that going to stop it? No. Getting off the computer won't stop it either. Get back on there and there will be more nasty messages/attacks. Blocking people from social sites can work sometimes, but if the people are determined enough they'll find another way.

Obviously on social sites where people have differences of opinion you have to be able to deal with that, if you're too sensitive forums and other social networks won't be a very enjoyable place, but some people go too far with abusing other people, youtube is a good example. Pick almost any video, doesn't matter what it's about and you'll find people tearing each others heads off over trivial issues.

I've seen many different places on the net where people basically say that the victim is just being a sook. People who bully have used that excuse for as long as bullying has been around. I'm not talking about simple disagreements, I mean people who deliberately harass others online with malicious intent.

This family lost their son because of threats online and through text messages. Try telling them their son should have 'toughened up'.

Parents of cyber bullying victim tell of victory in court ... Mandatory sentencing for teens - ABC Victoria - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)

I wouldn't have expected most of you to see the point, It would mean you would have to look past your "love" for APS. At least this wasn't lost on everyone. But hey go ahead and enjoy being censored.

You still haven't given an example of the horrific censoring or the illegal naming and shaming you're talking about

This is the internet
Internet is only a mess of bits and bytes [maybe bites?] floating around in cyberspace
It can never be totally controlled
Maybe thats a good thing??
or George Orwell was too right?

Very simple to block bullying by blocking the bullies
Even easier to avoid all confrontation
Turn the computer off

I wouldn't have expected most of you to see the point, It would mean you would have to look past your "love" for APS. At least this wasn't lost on everyone. But hey go ahead and enjoy being censored.

Makes you sound like one of those self-promoted 'you have to fight for your rights' warriors :rolleyes: When people start thinking they might be getting controlled, they might fight for it, but until then you saying we have to fight to have the right to speak our minds or say what we please, when we feel there's no problem, is doing nothing for anyone. If you think this place is censoring you because they don't like what you say or don't agree with your opinion, don't come back. It's a free world, you don't have to be here if you don't like it :) Doesn't mean you have to make everyone else feel like they should feel how you do, or try and make them feel that way. That would be controlling wouldn't it?

Last edited:
lately im too scared to ask for help because everyone labels you a noob or slams you for asking a question thats already been asked.. isnt that the point of a forum, to ask for help and discuss?

and stop redirecting me to other threads that pretty much have no relevance to my question at all and saying "already answered here"

brrt

OP must be a decent person because she likes anime ;). I never read much into stuff on these forums. Too many egos. I'm the hardest person to bait and annoy :lol: and no, I'm not baked. Take what people say with a pinch of salt, the ones who genuinely want to help or talk or whatever will PM you. There are some great people on here waiting to help other like-minded people, you just have to sift through the remainder to find them :).

And RE the censorship. When we created our account on this website I'm sure there would have been a clause in the agreement (not that anybody, myself included, reads it) that in creating your profile you agreed to abide by guidelines set by the mods/owner of the forums. The mods just to the best they can to keep order. Sometimes to keep order its easier just to delete a thread or ban a topic. They don't do it to stop people being heard, its just most people are irrational, and make it personal which is where rules get broken. I know for a fact most things on these forums wouldn't be said if it was face to face thats for sure :lol:.

Also kinda tired and didn't read the whole thread so just ignore everything I've said.

Last edited:
Nicely said Wookie

Clicks to Mumma F, Pappa C and Uncle S for doing a really good job of keeping such a big family friendly – not an easy job. :)

Thexbluexfairy – relax it’s not so much a “power hungry sport”as a bit of light tap on the knuckles with a wooden spoon.

Waruikazi with your sense of humour I wouldn’t be surprised if trouble didn’t hunt you down 24/7 -

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let politics control you :)

Bottom line is the site owner pays the bills and when you subscribe you agree to the terms and conditions = site owner determines the content, not just this site either.

The site owner might own the site but without it's members he's got nothing. In my opinion, members of a forum should be able to control the content of a forum, within reason of course.

We kinda do, there would be no content if we didn't contribute...

The site owner might own the site but without it's members he's got nothing. In my opinion, members of a forum should be able to control the content of a forum, within reason of course.

members of a forum should be able to control the content of a forum

eeekkkk !!!! what a mess that would be, suggestions yes, but control no way

Would you really like it if you built a site and footed the bills and then other people wanted to control the content ??

The lunatics are taking over the asylum :lol:

members of a forum should be able to control the content of a forum

eeekkkk !!!! what a mess that would be, suggestions yes, but control no way

Would you really like it if you built a site and footed the bills and then other people wanted to control the content ??

If I started up a forum, I would want the members to control the content because in my opinion that's why you start a forum in the first place. I do agree with some moderating to stop things getting out of control but I find it incredibly annoying when threads are closed. It's called moderation, not censorship for a reason.

the mods work with the guidelines they are given. If they miss something it does not mean there hr a conspiracy going on. The site owner must have rules to live by as they are legally liable for the site. Don't need a parent suing because aps has taught them new swear words. Also there is the risk of losing financial backing from sponsors and subscribers if people can post links freely. You agreed to be subject to all of this when you joined the site. If you are not happy with it go start your own forum with your own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back