What Happened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
What Happened to the OLD APS? Where members were friendly to each other, didn't jump to a newbies throat and was always willing to help out? What happened to all the friendliness? Slatey and Slatey J, I Love this site and you are doing a great job...But alot of our members need to get their act together. What happened to when everyone was always friendly and their PM's were kind and helpful?

I think this site is totally over moderated. No one seems to be able to express an opinion be it personal or not. This heavy handed attitude by whoever keeps hitting the delete button is incredibly repellent.

Farkurnell.

Heavy moderation is needed though.Especially when members create alias nicks to cause troubles (even after their original nicks are deleted)...

Hi saikrett, i like your avatar, is that a sawshell hatchie or emydura mac?
dosnt look quite as spiky as a sawshell but its a bit hard to tell. looks alotlike E. mac?????? :D

TO Farkurnell:

Well, we can't be ALL bad, as we let you get away with that username. Of course, if someone complains, you'll have to change it! :twisted:

Seriously though, once upon a time, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, we very rarely had to moderate/edit/delete any posts. However, as the site has grown and the number of members has grown it has become necessary,

Like it - stay and be welcome to participate in a community of (mostly) really nice people.

Don't like it? You are always free to leave. No-one is forcing you or anyone to stay. Believe me, we don't like it either - I spent 1.5 hours this morning cleaning up the mess from last night. We HATE having to moderate, but it's the only way to keep it on an even keel. So... sorry, but that's the way it has to be.

Maybe we should create an "Abuse" forum, where the stirrers can say whatever they like and the sane people can simply ignore it! :lol:

Ironic isn't it Belinda to feel as if you have to defend your credibility to a group of what you perceive to be likeminded people.
You definatlely rolled out the welcome mat for Shane and I.
There have been some really interesting conversations and helpful sharing of advice on this site and yes as with every community of people there is going to be disharmony so maybe a case of taking the good with the ugly.
Probably going to open a can of worms but what the hell but I get the impression that particular members enjoy more of a free reign in how they express themselves here than others
I think everyone here is pretty capable of giving as good as they get and as long as it is not filthy and too deregatory healthy, is sometimes healthy debate is good.
Just my opinion therefore not looking for any in agreement
Regards Rina

Hey Lutzd....I really dont think Farkenell's name is appropiate :D :p

He he...Nah, Just kidding :D

Really Belinda, the point of that last post is not constructive and more than likely will just mildly annoy Farkenell.
How about letting us know if you located the escapee gecko :twisted:
Rina

Yes, Rina, you're right. Sometimes the forums have had some great debates, with most users showing great restraint, and it has resulted in informative and amusing threads from time to time. These sort of posts are not a problem. It's only when they degenerate into personal attacks or abuse that we step in. As for "everyone here is pretty capable of giving as good as they get" ...... you didn't see the number of complaint PM's we used to get before we got "tougher". :shock: :wink:

Good work this morning David. Thankyou. :wink:

But isn't that half the fun sometimes? Imagine the frustrated souls behind the keyboard because admittedly I too have had my moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back