What Happened?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Sorry, Rina, but I don't find it fun at all! I'd much rather browse and post to the forums just like you guys, but half the time I don't have time to do it.

With the number of people using this forum I think there has to be some level of administration or else it just becomes a free for all,
and the people who lose out then are the people that really need the help. We can all sit back and make snide comments on these matters but we are supposed to be encouraging people into the hobby - not scaring them away! I for one would stop checking the site if it turned into nothing more than a forum for abuse.
I have only made a few inuiries through this medium, but when I have I have been fortunate to get many positive replies.
As for some of the comments regarding Belindas escaped geckos, how many people out there can say they have never had a herp escape, or had some other sort of incident. Not me!
Hope the gecko turns up Belinda! And keep up the good work at APS guys, it is still a great website!

As for some of the comments regarding Belindas escaped geckos, how many people out there can say they have never had a herp escape, or had some other sort of incident. Not me!

Exactly. We all make mistakes and sometimes they really suck. Mistakes are only a waste if we don't learn from them.

Yeah, And I dont really appreciate it, and I am pretty darn positive others arent when it happens to them, when people jump down your throats for doing something different to what they others do, or have a problem ( like me gecko escaping) and everyone jumping down my throat and still continuing to PM me about it!!

I have had no problem expressing my opinion on this site and don't think it is over moderated. Perhaps that is because I want to use this site to learn and perhaps even to teach a little. I will argue to the limits of my logic and knowledge only, if I am proven wrong then I am proven wrong - big deal - I don't know every thing and would rather be corrected than to "know" a falsehood.

And I saw the damage that lutzd repaired this morning, a couple of bozos thought it was cool to paste the same lame remarks in every thread. It was work that shouldn't have needed to be done.

And as for Bels mistakes, well, when I was a teenager I did much worse (And I am not willing to explain further). But I have learnt and the only way you can avoid mistakes is not to anything at all.

I agree this place is way too moderated. I myself look after a forum (which has a lot more members and hits then this place) and there's no need for it.

There's a nice big thick line between moderation and dictatorship, and the moderators here have crossed it.

Life isn't all happy smiles. If people screw up (i.e Belle with her geckoes) and someone gives them a minor revving for it, it's life. Deal with it. If she's so easily effected, she's going to spend her whole life depressed.

I made a post in the for sale section asking why someones Maccies were so expensive. A rather legitimate question I thought...but no, it was deleted.

I think that we are doing fairly well. Usually people who are complaining about over moderating are people who do not contribute to much here and have not much to offer to other people regarding the herps.
People who like to keep this site designated mainly to our hobby, do appreciate firm hand, so they do not have to go through personal fights all the time.

To sex return
In return to your complain.
If somebody put advertising to for sell section, it is his advertising and extremely rude by you or anyone to say in his for sale ad that he is ripping people off. You did not see the snakes so how come you are expert to judge if the price is right. It is not your business to dictate to people for how much to sell their snakes.
You are welcome to sell your self cheaper here , but do not ruin other peoples business. Olivaceus71 is good member and is in title to Adwertise here with out nasty comments. So anybody else.

And at last sexreturn, if you do not like our job here on APS you are welcome to leave. It is many sites not moderated and I am sure that you will be welcome there. And no dictatorship there mate.
I will keep this site for people who like it that way.

Thanks David and Nicole for hard work in past few days.

Thanks Slateman.

Others, we honestly do our best.. I spent an hour deleting the same stupid comments posted to at least 20 threads, just like David did. I'm sure if some members had to navigate through that sort of stuff that they would no longer complain about over-moderation...

Thankyou too Nicole, good work !

I think people are certainly entitled to a difference of opinion but there is a polite way to disagree. Any way things are alot more fun tonight.

Belle~Belinda said:
Hey Lutzd....I really dont think Farkenell's name is appropiate :D :p

He he...Nah, Just kidding :D

If you're going to complain about my choice of screen name can you at least ensure you spell it correctly and try to understand it's meaning beforehand? For those of you ignorant to the suburbs of Sydney, Kurnell is a small suburb situated on Botany Bay where I spent a lot of time as a child. It's your immature minds that sees any other connotation.

Well, that cleared that up Farkurnell because as many times I was saying your screen name out loud I still can't figure out how it is offensive.
As someone who has also had an odd escapee I can sympathise with Belinda but Brodie was spot on when he mentioned that the buck ultimately stops with the owner of the animal in question. Imagine if someones younger brother decided to show the new cool elapid to his mates. Kids as you well would be able to relate to Belinda, are just wired this way. Sincerly do hope you locate it though.

There was an abuse forum on yahoo a while ago. Someone complained and it was deleted. you just cant win sometimes.

Slateman said:
To sex return
In return to your complain.
If somebody put advertising to for sell section, it is his advertising and extremely rude by you or anyone to say in his for sale ad that he is ripping people off. You did not see the snakes so how come you are expert to judge if the price is right. It is not your business to dictate to people for how much to sell their snakes.
You are welcome to sell your self cheaper here , but do not ruin other peoples business. Olivaceus71 is good member and is in title to Adwertise here with out nasty comments. So anybody else.

And at last sexreturn, if you do not like our job here on APS you are welcome to leave. It is many sites not moderated and I am sure that you will be welcome there. And no dictatorship there mate.
I will keep this site for people who like it that way.

Thanks David and Nicole for hard work in past few days.

I never said that they were ripping anybody off. I didn't ruin anybodies business. If they're going to advertise animals for more than they are normally sold for, there has to be a reason. That reason was not stated in his post, so I was merely asking why they were more expensive?

more than they are usually sold for?
maybe they are priced different in different states.
when i was getting my mac, i looked everywhere, and found them priced between $150 and $250, just in nsw... so i think what olivaceus is asking for is definately reasonable!

anyway, what i should have said was....
i think you guys are doing a great job , slateman, nicole, david, to put up with alot of the rubbish that goes on here sometimes.
i think this site is great!

There is many reasons for difference in pricing.

1. Demand & supply
2. Strain & lining
3. Markings & color
4. Condition & health
5. Sexed or not
6. Feeding or not
7. Housing or not
8. Caresheet or not

$200 seems reasonable to me considering they would be feeding regularly and be accurately sexed.I cant see why anyone would cut their own throat by selling an animal that is averaging $150 - $250 for a mere $100 (that is $500 - $1500 loss per clutch of 10) unless they have issues such as fussy feeders,unsexed,undesirable patterning etc.It is also likely that the breeder works with many animals hence wants a quik sale,in that case they could have spent very little & limited time with the hatchlings preparing them for readiness of sale...

PS
It's a simple case of contacting the seller directly & enquiring about those 8 points I have made along with anything else you can think of and determin for yourself if the asking price is acceptable or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back