what has happened to reptiles australia mag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knarlcok

Reaction score
could some out there please tell me what happend to reptiles australia mag why there not publishing them any more they were the only mag i know that did australian reptiles the other go on about other reptiles i cant keep any info would be great cheers

tails&scails is the other aussie snake magazine getting around

There is a thread about the demise of RA on here somewhere, a quick search will find it. Tails and Scales are sponsors on here, so there will be an ad somewhere too.

could some out there please tell me what happend to reptiles australia mag why there not publishing them any more they were the only mag i know that did australian reptiles the other go on about other reptiles i cant keep any info would be great cheers

knarlcok, the name Reptiles Australia was deregistered in April 2010, but no official statement was ever made from the owners of the business who, I have been led to believe, continued to take subscription payments as well as advertising payments up until December 2010. Apart from the fact that they don't answer the phone or emails, if you check, you'll find that their web site has now been taken down as well, so I guess you can draw your own conclusions as to what has happened.

Hopefully, we can help you. Our magazine, Scales & Tails Australia, has been published and distributed worldwide for well over two and a half years now, and has at least 80% - 90% Australian content. If you would like to check out our web site, here it is: www.scalesandtails.com.au

The best email address to use is: [email protected].

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Joy

Zeezza, I'm not sure what's gone wrong with your mag but it is definitely not two months behind. I'm a little lucky and generally get mine hand delivered, but I know they are running like clockwork. If you're having trouble with your subscription, get in touch with Joy on the above email.

Zeezza, I'm not sure what's gone wrong with your mag but it is definitely not two months behind. I'm a little lucky and generally get mine hand delivered, but I know they are running like clockwork. If you're having trouble with your subscription, get in touch with Joy on the above email.

I just did , thanx ... Ive been to every newsagent in my area they all say its two months late . Even had one of them order it specially , it was meant to come last friday and didnt ............... :( Im glad you guyz got yours but :) ...............

Just got our copy of Scales and tails today.....

Which issue is that? They said the March issue won't be out till mid-March?..

Does it say who the winner of the "Win an RPM" comp is? :p

scales and tails is 2 month behind in delivery too :( :( :(

Zeezza, you are totally wrong! We have been publishing for two and half years now and are always on time. Never have we been late.
Do you have a subscription? We guarantee that all subscription copies are out within the first two weeks of the Issue Month, and we are normally racing to get copies to subscribers before the newsagents get theirs and start seilling. All January issues were out by the end December/early January. All March issue copies were posted to subscribers early this week and most would have theirs by now.

Newsagencies will start to receive theirs as follows:
04.03.11 - Qld
07.03.11 - NSW, Vic
09.03.11 - SA, WA

Please contact me if you are a subscriber and something is going wrong with your delivery, or alternatively let me know if you are having problems with your newsagent.

cheers
Joy

I just did , thanx ... Ive been to every newsagent in my area they all say its two months late . Even had one of them order it specially , it was meant to come last friday and didnt ............... :( Im glad you guyz got yours but :) ...............

Hi again Zeezza,,, if you would like to get in touch with me and tell me which newsagencies are telling you that, I'll personally contact each and every one of them for you, to find out how come they have been so misinformed. This sort of misguided information annoys the heck out of me.

I'm more than happy to help you, if you would like to give me a call please.

cheers
Joy

Last edited:
Zeezza, I think you or your news agent is referring to Reptiles Australia, not S&T.

maybe contact joy directly and pay yearly subscription , gauranteed to arrive at your door on time

The newsagent at Unanderra (next to the woolworths petrol station) is usually the first one to get them in this area.

they were the only mag i know that did australian reptiles the other go on about other reptiles i cant keep any info would be great cheers

Have you even read 'Scales & Tails Australia' magazine??

Let me introduce you....

Scales & Tails Australia - The premier resource for Reptiles and Australia.

:D

scales and tails is 2 month behind in delivery too :( :( :(

'Scales & Tails Australia' guarantee each magazine will be out to subscribers within the first two weeks of each issue month.
In fact, it is usually in our letterbox in the first few days of each month of issue.

I know when the Scales & Tails office received delivery of the March issue.

The fact that I, and a lot of others had their mag in the letterbox this week is super impressive....but nothing less than we have come to expect :D

As others have said, I believe your newsagents are confusing 'Scales & Tails Australia' magazine with the now defunct 'Reptiles Australia'..which is a bit of a worry, since it is their job to know what they are talking about, and not to spread mis-information.

Last edited:
As the editor of Scales & Tails, I can assure you that we endeavour to get the mag out on time, for every issue, and we have succeeded for every issue so far. If you have problems they are local, and not related to the distribution network.

J

i was a realy sad day when i found out that RA was no more...........so now i have to read my scails & tails mag front to back,back to front and upside down just to get my fix......lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back