What is a tyre kicker?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for info is only natural, if i post up something saying "Car for sale, it's a holden and it runs well i want $1000" (Which is about the same info you get from some ads on here) and nothing more then ofcourse people will ask a bunch of questions and for pics, you wouldn't just go "Oh i'll buy that mate heres my money!" without even knowing what condition it is in, what it looks like or anything.

Asking a bunch of questions is fine,so is asking for pics.Its when it takes seperate emails to ask each question that gets very tedious.

Its very common to answer over a dozen emails from the one person only to get the run around in the end.Most of us arent running a business and have normal jobs.I dont mind answering emails etc but at times it gets a bit rediculous.

to avoid people repeatadly asking for the same info, all the info they could want should be in the original add,
pics of the parents, pics of the whole clutch, if they are hatchies
that way the buyers can see any of the traits they are after,

selling herps should be alot easier than selling cars,
if the seller starts with the relevant info..

i just bought my 1st snake, didn't have my licence when i 1st enquired, and i'm now still waiting for my import permit 6 weeks later, i can understand if the seller would not be thrilled about this but i told them from the start that i didn't have my licence then, and this was my 1st, they were happy to continue and so was i,
but now it is starting to drag on for both of us, and it is out of our hands..

Sorry twenty b but why should sellers have to plaster pics of their breeders etc all over public forums? As far as suppying all the info from the get go that would be impossible as some of the questions that get asked are beyond belief.

I have to chime in on this. As a newbie to buying snakes I find it really offputting to have the ad say "genuine buyers only" "no tyre kickers" "no time wasters". I have bought 6 snakes through APS classifieds, but only after I have enquired, seen photos etc.

Although I see what sellers have to put up with, I, like most people, have no interest in wasting anyone's time. If I want to research the husbandry of a snake, yes I will do my research, look at online care sheets (why would I ask this from a seller??). However, I avoid sellers who put these hostile comments in their ads: "if you're not going to definitely buy don't even bother contacting me" . If they are selling something I want I wait until someone who understands customer service advertises it.

PS: I have made enquiries about snakes before and eventually changed my mind, and always show the seller the same courtesy I expect from them by saying "thanks for your time but I have decided not to purchase".

What peeves me off more than anything are buyers that dont have the common courtesy to respond with an email/PM/phone call to say "no thank I am not interested" if they decide not to buy the animal. Ive been left hanging on to animals just because people who sound genuinely interested couldnt be bothered to respond.

I now keep a list of people not to sell to :D

A well known breeder told us that he won't hold any animals for anyone. We at the time thought...'gee, that is a bit mean'. But a few years down the track...having kept animals for people for ages, getting no phone call,email or anything about it...we understand now why he felt like that. You need to be in the same situation to understand how annoying it is.

yes but thats part of ,, if it drives you nuts or sends you crazy , than you should be keeping reps simply for the joy of keeping them and leave the breeding and selling to people that can handle it ,, this year alone i got 9 emails from people to buy my snakes , then thay say WHAT I NEED A LICENCE TO KEEP SNAKES.... , and thats all part of it , it didnt drive me nuts ( made me laugh a little )... remeber YOU were the ones that put male and female togeather and than you expect to have a hassle free time trying to sell them ..haha...

Last edited:
It's the basic principal of the matter. A bit of courtesy is nice regardless of what it is being bought/sold.

yes but thats part of ,, if it drives you nuts or sends you crazy , than you should be keeping reps simply for the joy of keeping them and leave the breeding and selling to people that can handle it ,, this year alone i got 9 emails from people to buy my snakes , then thay say WHAT I NEED A LICENCE TO KEEP SNAKES.... , and thats all part of it , it didnt drive me nuts ( made me laugh a little )... remeber YOU were the ones that put male and female togeather and than you expect to have a hassle free time trying to sell them ..haha...

Wow 9 emails, lookout you're headed for the big time :rolleyes:

i dont disagre with you ,,common courtesy is great ,, but the fact that you cant chose who responds to your adds isnt anybodys else fault, and should be approched as such,,,,it could be a 80 yrold with bad english and no idea or a 10 yrold who likes pics, its all part of the way the traded of reps works, so you have to expect it regardless of you likeing it or not ,,,thats all,, im not having a dig just pointing out a obvese fact......

I'll always reply to tyre kickers as there is no real way of telling if they are tyre kickers. Having spent so many years on the net its pretty clear that not everyone has the same manners or written communication skills. However, if its a 3 word enquiry, they get a 3 word reply. :)

i dont disagre with you ,,common courtesy is great ,, but the fact that you cant chose who responds to your adds isnt anybodys else fault, and should be approched as such,,,,it could be a 80 yrold with bad english and no idea or a 10 yrold who likes pics, its all part of the way the traded of reps works, so you have to expect it regardless of you likeing it or not ,,,thats all,, im not having a dig just pointing out a obvese fact......

Ahh glad we agree then :D

Common courtesy goes a long way, especially if you have to answer 10 or 20 emails. I know which ones I answer first ;)

I had one person which was a complete crack-up! After putting some animals up for sale for a verygenerous price, one person (who seemed genuine) at the time said they'd take them. After weeks of excuses and reasons for the prolonged time it took to purchase, the person eventually asked for my details. In the end (2 months after the date I put them up for sale) the person emails to say "Sorry, not the species I thought it was, C ya"

Pathetic aye'?

I hate it when you both agree on a day for the buyer to view/purchase the animal, you take time out of your day to wait for the person and they don't show up/call/answer their bloody phones.

I've only had problems with you python people.

I mostly respond to phone calls now. People who email or sms and can't even string together a coherant sentence are too lazy to buy a snake.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i have sold animals my favourite line is "can i pay it off like a layby"? Sure you can, i am running a Kmart here!

Simone.

I hate it when you both agree on a day for the buyer to view/purchase the animal, you take time out of your day to wait for the person and they don't show up/call/answer their bloody phones.

I've only had problems with you python people.

I mostly respond to phone calls now. People who email or sms and can't even string together a coherant sentence are too lazy to buy a snake.

Awwwwwwww come on dp I know one python people who you had a straight forward transaction with. :lol:

Agree on the sms thing too,hate them...... "hey m8 how much" :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back