What is a tyre kicker?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree with both of you. All my animals are cared for very well. If anything goes wrong, vet bills aren't a problem. And enclosures are set up before the animal arrives.

If you read the previous posts, we're not talking about small amounts here and there. As I said, i cannot save, not in a jar, not in a bank - cannot do it. But I get paid very well, and can easily afford things if I can pay them off :)
Sorry Jozz, I was more referring to the $20 payment not the $200 payments. In your case I am sure you would have no problem accessing a vet. My point was more referring to ppl who do not have the finacial ability to access a vet at all and would have to save for it or would have trouble obtaining a loan from a friend as the friend would be worried about getting there money back. I do appologise i should consider more carefully how my comments can be interpereted.

Jozz,
no disrespect, but why should your inability to save be the sellers responsibility?
If I wanted to get into finance it wouldnt be through selling reptiles.

Get a loan, or credit card or whatever from someone who wants to lend you money (bank) and take on the responsibility yourself.

I'm not implying it is the sellers responsibility at all. But it hasn't ever hurt for me to ask. If the seller says no, thats fine, I completely understand - but they never have :)

Thats cool Channi - I'm talking much larger amounts :)

Sorry Jozz, I was more referring to the $20 payment not the $200 payments. In your case I am sure you would have no problem accessing a vet. My point was more referring to ppl who do not have the finacial ability to access a vet at all and would have to save for it or would have trouble obtaining a loan from a friend as the friend would be worried about getting there money back. I do appologise i should consider more carefully how my comments can be interpereted.

I'd agree that it is a different case when there is a high percentage up font payment and payments are made over about 3 weeks. I do however think CodeRed makes a good point that payment plans are only an additional service from sellers and should not be expected from every seller. There is a reason why insurance companies and the like charge extra for pay-by-the-month options on policies, it is simply more work.

When my father advertises a car to farming machinery to sell etc...he states NO TYRE KICKERS!!!

A TYRE KICKER...will do just that... look at the item for sale & try almost anything to lower the said stated price

NO TYRE KICKERS... means the price is firm... no negotiation!

TYRE KICKER - person who has absolutely NO intention of buying, but pm's you religiously and ask's all sorts of time consuming questions, wants heaps and heaps and heaps of photo's of the hatchies, their parents and grand parents and so on................................. - pain in the butt big time
NO TYRE KICKER - As per the above, but at a much less scale, who genuinely wants to purchase a hachie,
but is not a compulsive buyer, and wants to get the best looking hatchie he / she can, and is not affraid to pull
out of a deal if he / she believes that its not what their after - pleasure to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back