What is considered Exotic?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reticnation

Reaction score
I live in Chicago in the USA. I was just wondering what animals you guys cannot get over there that i can here. Or what is considered exotic to you?

i never knew that. I am suprised! No ball pythons or retics must be hard. can you geth them with licenses?

I agree with you 100% The Australian pythons are the best and i only like retics because of the size. Trust me you guys arent missing anything when it comes to boas. Ball pythons have no personality at all.

australia has the best snakes i think, but i wouldnt mind a russels viper or gaboon viper...

I love exotics but I love all reptiles pretty well equally. I would love to have iguanas, some of the exotic pythons, loads of boas, chameleons etc etc.
I kept boas years ago and we are missing something trust me ;-)

You cant give an Iguana away. They arent worth a penny to most people. I go to trade shows and they just give them away. Gaboons are amazing, my friend has a pair and they are PURE EVIL!! I have had chamelons and they are alot of fun to watch.

I love our aussie reptiles, but there are some very nice exotics out there that would be cool to be able to keep...

I have had some red belly newts breed for me also. they are fun but alot of work.

And Green Tree Pythons.. Some people will argue that they are non-native.. In fact in some states' legislation they are regarded as 'International'....

Well that's just silliness on their part.

Which State? Do they class Salties in the same category?

:p

Hix

Queensland Hix, They are classed as an international species on the licensing here.

You cant give an Iguana away. They arent worth a penny to most people. I go to trade shows and they just give them away. Gaboons are amazing, my friend has a pair and they are PURE EVIL!! I have had chamelons and they are alot of fun to watch.

gaboon vipers you say, how big are they and do you have any pics? they fascinate me!
cheers

yeah if you had them in australia they would probly go for about 50 grand each if not more stange isnt it one mans trash is another mans treasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back