What is the HARDEST herp to care for?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the HARDEST herp to care for?

• Lizards

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Snakes

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Turtles

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Frogs

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'd be too bad as long as you lived close to the coast and could go harvesting on the rocks a few times a week and keep their food in the fridge. Otherwise I think they'd be much like keeping eastern water dragons

I don't think they'd be too bad as long as you lived close to the coast and could go harvesting on the rocks a few times a week and keep their food in the fridge. Otherwise I think they'd be much like keeping eastern water dragons

Do they graze out of water? Is salt water necessary in their physiology? They are certainly good lookers!

I don't think salt water is actually necessary, pretty sure I've seen them grazing on exposed weed. The necessity of salt water might come into their food source though, the weed woiuldn't last long in fresh water as it would throw the salt balance out. You could include a filtered marine water tank in their enclosure though with some rocks and weigh their food down, much the same as they do with captive dugongs

I'm fairly sure R australis has been bred in captivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back