What is this snake??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slimsandy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This morning I was moving a pile of old fence pailings and found this little fellow underneath them.

100_2181.jpg

100_2186.jpg

At first I thought it was a Red Belly but underneath it is white only the smallest pinkish colour in the sun.
Then after looking at some photos I thought it maybe a Small Eyed snake.

yeh they are venomous...they were thought to be not dangerous and were kept as pets alot untill one person was bitten and died....very common...very nice snakes...always pose for you when taking a photo

Small Eyed snake, Venomous at least 1 recorded death, i know people who have been bitten by them and had no more than a bit of swelling and localised pain.Still not worth taking any risks with though. Find a nice spot and send him on his way.

Yeh its a Eastern small-eyed snake part of the elapidae faimly which can be pretty deadly to mess with if you are taged by it. I had one in me house on Australia day.

Thanks guys.
Small Eyed snake sounds harmless.....I didnt notice I was looking at Elapid photos when I found the picture on this site.
Will send him on his way.
What are the chances of finding another among the mess??
Do any snakes ever live near each other??

This fellow was found about a foot away from a large skink which was almost as big as him. Hes about 50cm long.
He is very well fed.Looks very healthy

i have found 3 small eyds curled up together and other snakes curled up with small eyds and a bluey with a small eyed, they are dirt common around my area, i have heaps of pics of them

There is more to small eye venom than many think, though it is rare to cause a fatality, some people suffer other health problem long after the bite, ie; don't take them lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back