Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trickedoutz31

Reaction score
hey all i have been getting alot of these around the house and the cats keep bringing them into the house too lol im worried its a juvi tiger snake or a clarence river snake, here are the best photos i have been able to get of it, its really *** agressive.

its a brown snake with black tiger like stripes down its body and has a single anal scale, the subcaudals are divided and start 5 scales after teh anal scale. it has a off white belly wich looks like it could pass as cream in colour with a hint of yellow. the belly has a lot of red/orange spots wich start under its head and go through to the anal scale. it has gold eyes.

i still have it in captivity unitl i findout what it is so anyone is welcome to come and have a closer look. im located near beaudesert in south east qld.

BILD0741.jpg

BILD0742.jpg

BILD0743.jpg

BILD0744.jpg

BILD0745.jpg

BILD0746.jpg

BILD0747.jpg

BILD0748.jpg

Eastern Brown as everyone has said and yeh, certainly would not be messing with it in any way, they arn't known for their affectionate nature as I'm sure you're seeing, and a bite from one of these and you'll be in some very serious trouble.

awesome thanks heaps for that. im going to have to be a bit more carefull around the place now.

The upright "double-s" attack posture in the first photo and the orange belly spots that are very clear in the second and fourth photos are, together, a reliable and reasonably consistent indicator of Pseudonaja textilis.

LOL a lil eastern brown. The one what lives at the farm where my horses are is 5 m long and about a round as a coke can. :)

Get on the net check out the variety baby browns come in ,,you will be surprised at how so many differences are the same snake ..most lose the stripey effect as they get older ...they are cranky little sods of snakes and are just as deadly as mum or dad..

snakemadness ..there is no LOL about a baby eastern brown mate ...dont make a stupid mistake and think that they dont have the capacity to give you a good bite and there is a bloody good chance you will need urgent medical help ...

Get on the net check out the variety baby browns come in ,,you will be surprised at how so many differences are the same snake ..most lose the stripey effect as they get older ...they are cranky little sods of snakes and are just as deadly as mum or dad..
Given that you have almost certainly seen many more eastern browns than I have, was I right about the "double-s" attack posture and orange belly spots being a reliable indicator, or do other snakes have those two traits together?

Given that you have almost certainly seen many more eastern browns than I have, was I right about the "double-s" attack posture and orange belly spots being a reliable indicator, or do other snakes have those two traits together?

Plenty do Derek.

5ft whatever brown snake it is he is around 5 meters long. My friend has the shed. Whe have seen him and he can go from one end of our moto track to the other which is 4.5meters wide.

And rbb i was saying that he is a little one compaired to browny and some other ones i have seen. Dont people know that some times you justsay LOL for no reason?

5ft whatever brown snake it is he is around 5 meters long. My friend has the shed. Whe have seen him and he can go from one end of our moto track to the other which is 4.5meters wide.

I want you to get a tape measure out and just check how long 5m is. 5m is about 22 feet, and there aren't too many snakes in australia that get that big.

want you to get a tape measure out and just check how long 5m is. 5m is about 22 feet, and there aren't too many snakes in australia that get that big.
..and definately no Eastern Browns that big around 2.5M is the biggest they get and thats rare

Look the track i thought was 5 meters wide i was wrong its 3.2 meters wide (i measured with a tape measure) in that prt. The rest is meters because i made the rest. The standard for a MA licence track is 4 meters or wider. And no why do i want to get a tape measure out to measure a snake what will kill me if i dont go to the hospital.

A snake that size could easily kill you even if you did get to a hospital. Hey man if you want to beleive that it is 5m long brown then more power to you but they don't get that long and i'm not gonna argue over it. But if you don't want to get a tape measure out an easy way to get an idea of how big 5m is is to look up at your roof (which is about 2.5m from the floor) and double it. 5m is massive even for a scrubbie or olive.

IF, and I stress IF, the snakes is 5M then it is NOT an Eastern Brown snake.
Quote from the Australian Museum's website ...

"Which is the largest venomous snake in Australia?
The Coastal Taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus), from the near coastal north and east. The largest reliably measured specimen, lodged in an Australian museum (the Queensland Museum) has a total length of 290 cm. It was raised in captivity."

And rbb i was saying that he is a little one compaired to browny and some other ones i have seen. Dont people know that some times you justsay LOL for no reason?
well LOL no i didnt LOL know that LOL but will take your word for it LOL :)

now in all truthfulness no pink ponies or fluffy white clouds ...the EASTERN BROWN you have there as big as it may seem ,and I am not saying it is not a biggie ...but it wouldnt be 5 m long ..ok ....;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back