what is wrong with this snake (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Do Somthing ASAP!
Help the Reptiles by intervention!
Dob them in, & DSE will take them to a vet hopefully.
Geezs that really disgusts me so bad!!!!!!!!
How do they sleep at night?
Good luck SAM!!!!

Jason

Sam - There is no need for you to look up the exact regulations - it would be plain as day to anyone looking at those pictures that the animals are in a bad way...it is not your responsibility to track down legislation, that will be done by the relevant authorities when it comes time to prosecute....

I would initially contact the RSPCA - I have worked with them on a number of occasions and they are very keen and eager to stop this type of thing - as you would imagine...but I think you should make the complaint, in writing, with pictures attached to all relevant authorities - make your intention to go to the media also clear....regardless of who sits on what board taking your complaint to the media will force them to take action...

...in saying that though, speak to RSPCA first - the media have a knack for ruining investigations...

Please keep us informed...

This is just a suggestion....

Why don't you name the shop and as many members of this site that are able to go to the shop do so. Then you can all act as a group! I reckon that would sort it out quick smart. I would also suggest going to both the authorities and the media at the same time. That way there is a good chance that this shop gets shut down.

The guy is in the pockets of DSE, I havent been to said shop in a while now but last time i was there, there were over 15 adult beardeds in a 2 1/2 ft cage. The reptile section is just one section of that disgusting place that needs attention, along with the puppy's and kittens that are basically in a cardboard box sized cage. The place is a shambles and has been for a long time now. On more than one occasion while standing in the reptile section i have called the DSE and they said they would look into it but surprise surprise nothing ever happens. It's Like when they had a Raptor (bird of prey) there for supposed rehab it was in a very small aviary for such a bird.

Naming them is not really important as people on here arnt going to make an impact. This needs to be taken to an appropriate body such as the RSPCA and quick.

This is why in NSW they are not aloud reptiles in pet shops.They only think of the money they can make and employ young staff who know very little about how to keep reptiles.I am not saying that they are all the same but i dont like reptiles in shops. We wayed up the pros and cons and there were farr more cons. Report that shop as soon as possible they should not have animals.If it is opmv how many un knowing people have taken the virus with them.

also i have called the rspca and there is no one there that can help today.

I personally would be keeping those photos, and going to the state wildlife officials, then the media, make afuss, jump up and down. Make some noise. Dont just stop at that, contact the council, today tonight, a current affair, WWF, RSPCA.

You make enough noise, people will listen.

You dont need back up

Those photos tell everything

I was gonna say something along those lines but i was beaten.

Ditto to all the above and if these people have an online store or something I to would like to know who they are via PM Please so I can warn all I meet not to go there either!

You start a petition.....send it on too!

hi
im a vet student in melb with friends in the dpi :)
pm me with the name and address of the shop and all go take a look And then get them an to it as much as possible. pretty sure i gould get them in a fair bit of trouble but would have to see for myself first.
cheers
laura

Done

hi
im a vet student in melb with friends in the dpi :)
pm me with the name and address of the shop and all go take a look And then get them an to it as much as possible. pretty sure i gould get them in a fair bit of trouble but would have to see for myself first.
cheers
laura

Done

No naming the shop might not do anything but the ppl who live around that area should report the discusting way the animals are being kept. People need to speak out I was almost in tears seeing how those poor defenseless animals are being kept. Im quite on the side of getting it out to the media and I know Today Tonight would love to get it out there and known that the shop needs to be shut down or have thier reptile licence taken away from them. Good on you sam....

what sickens me just as much, is how many people have been in that sho and never reported anything?

personally, I'd be getting as many herpers together, call the media and stand outside with sings and have it broadcast, THAT'LL get some things moving along ;)

I went to this shop today to have another look (although, i knew what to expect from previous visits) the turtles are discusting, there were so many in the tiny green discusting pond, one was trying to move and it couldn't break its head through the top layers of slime. In the area where they were there were also wild mice running around in the big cage (people that have been there will know what i mean). Do you mind if i take these photos Sam, to send to a few people and the newspapers?

those pics arent from a certain large shop on springvale road are they? because everytime ive been there ive seen something wrong.

they sure are alex and there is no reason that i would mind anyone using these photos, but it would be good if could pm me and keep me updated on any response you have from them,

thanks,

sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back