what kind of lighting do you use

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
wanna no what ppl use for there snakes 2 keep warm.i was thinking of geting Infrared Spot Lamps.do i need a Mounting block for dis kind of light.

I've never gone for all the fancy reptile globes. I have, and always will use cheap reflector globes from supermarkets. They produce ample heat and snakes dont need UV light, so they say (although i personally believe all herps benefit from some exposure to UV light).

I only use a ceramic heat lamp (no light) enclosed in protective cage. They cost, but they last for years. Lighting is by fluorescent strip light.

hmmm ok.well if i get a Infrared Spot Lamps.do i need a Mounting block for dis kind of light

r they good i wanna use them in a 4*2*2 cage i am makeing.there going 2 have bhp in them.

they are expencive for a light.... i goto bunnings and get 2 x 80 watt philips partytone lights at around $10 each and that heats my 4*2*2 perfect

G'Day, I have two indoor enclosures one is 7ft long with a simple 4ft fluro for lighting and 3x 12volt basic down lights, 2 with red covers for night and heat and 1 has no glass for UV...
The smaller enclosure (2'x2'x2') has a 2ft Reptistar tube for light and UV and Exo- Terra red globe for night and heat......
The large set cost about $25 :D and the small one was about $70 :( I believe the budget set is just as good as the expensive one........ You can't substitute an hour in the direct sun every week though. :wink:

only use ceramic for heating (longer lasting and hold the heat better than a lamp in off periods) and a UV flouro for light

Hey,

I use an infared globe in an enclosure about 4x2x2. Have never had a problem with getting the correct temps or over heating.

I use a 100w zoomed globe. Costs vary depending where you go, but mine lasted me a good 12mths.

Jonno

i use for my for my enclosure 4x2x2 2 plain frosted phillips 60 watt bulbs it does the trick and for sunlight i have a couple i big tubs with with really small wire as for my small snakes they go under a reptistar fluor for a while but are heated by heat tape .
cheers Kahn

ok mad guys i will go for a 100w in my 4x2x2 it should heat it up nice.thanks

I use 25 - 40 watt party globes depending on enclosure size ,i only use one globe per enlosure and i dont use thermostats and the temps in my enclosures are always perfect , at $1.50 - $2.00 per globe they dont break the bank,they dont chew electricity either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back