What lizard can you keep with a bearded dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dassios1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2yo female beardie and was looking into getting another lizard, was just wondering if any other lizard besides another beardie could be kept in the same enclosure as her?
Cheers

How big is the tank mate?
I think many people would say that it is risky bringing a new lizard into an enclosure that has had 1 dragon in it for 2 years is risky.
I have heard of shingleback in big enclosures with beardies

Its a 4x2x2

And shes only been in the enclosure for around half a year

Shinglebacks are fairly passive... until they're not.

not knowing to much about lizards i would say just keep the same species in one tank

Yeh was thinking that, might just get another beardie for that enclosure and another enclosure for a different species

but hey i could be wrong lol but does seem like the logical thing to me,other members might be able to give you more advise

i have seen someone in a video house a pair of bearded dragons with a blue-tongued skink before. But as said before have to make sure there is enough room so that they don't both feel threatened by being so close together all the time.

I'd say if you want something else just get another enclosure. Cause if having them together doesn't work out, you're going to have to buy one in the end anyway. This way you just avoid any damage done to either animal, plus it's better quarantine.

lot of lizards species will get on fine with each other in the same enclosure for days , weeks or months. it only takes 1 litlle thing to set them off tho, and they will become very aggressive very quickly. i dont think it's really worth the risk to introduce another long term occupant to a beardie thats been alone for 2 years.

i have a pair that been kept together for years, since hatchlings, i put another of the same age /size in once, and the 3 lived together for about 2.5months. then one day i found the new one bloodied and bruised, with my female standing over him. it's not something i would do again

it's not a lizard but what about a cricket?........i'm sure they would get along fine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back