What locale spotted is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterschamps

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wanting to know an idea on this little cracker, pretty sure its a 'blonde' spotted python but not 100%.

Cheers, Paul.
ybemy4en.jpg
y8esa4yh.jpg
asyrabaj.jpg

Cheers, was just wanting to confirm. The owners had no idea and lost their returns book so couldn't tell me.

It doesn't look like a blonde to me.More like a light coloured normal.

I have to agree with Ramsayi. A lovely light coloured specimen but not a true "Blonde". The markings are not right - no coalescing of the dorsal blotches anterior or posterior and no complex markings on the head. A blonde should also have yellowish ventrals instead of the normal cream and will grow to a sognificantly longer length than normal maculosa. Here is a pic of an animal similar to yours...
Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Blue

Ive seen the debate over and over.

There really should be no debate.The name blond mac was given to a line a distinctive looking very light animals that originated from an area near Cooktown,that really is all there is to it.
This is a blond mac.

Thats why i was using the term 'blonde' very lightly, in reference to its 'lighter' color rather rather that its specific traits.

I've seen the arguments over it many times and dont wanna get involved. If someone wants to call thier snake a 'blonde' let them, they obviously dont know/dont choose to know any better hah.

Thats why i was using the term 'blonde' very lightly, in reference to its 'lighter' color rather rather that its specific traits.

I've seen the arguments over it many times and dont wanna get involved. If someone wants to call thier snake a 'blonde' let them, they obviously dont know/dont choose to know any better hah.

Yeah you can call it what you like no problem here but you did ask the question and stated that you weren't 100% sure.

I am totally confused now as to the purpose of this thread following your last exchange.. it to determine a possible locality or not?

I can only recommend you make use of Ramsayi's experience and take his advice on this one. In other words, you can assume it did not originate from the area north of Cairns through to Cooktown.

The use of the term "blonde spotted/maculosa" has been around for 25 years plus and has a specific meaning, unless otherwise clearly stated. Ad-hoc use causes confusion, is counter-productive to communication and impedes understanding in those learning.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't dismissing the advice or experience. We make mistakes, I said blonde when I was only using the term very lightly, sheesh. Everyone jumps to assumptions on this forum.

From my reading of it there were no assumptions to be jumped to - hence the confusion. The thread title seeks a location and the opening post seeks to confirm if the animal is a 'blonde' mac - which originate from a specific locale.

The expert opinion given was "No".

There are likely lots of possible locale but I trawled the net to find an individual as close as possible to your own and posted the reference to the photo, which was a bit south of Cairns.That is limit to what I can do to help.

Your comments on a number of posts did match your intentions as stated in the thread heading and opening post. I made no assumptions as best I can ascertain but I did find your communication ambiguous.

All that aside, I hope the information was useful to yourself.

cheers,
Blue

I never titled the thread, "What locale spotted is this" a mod changed the title. It was originally "Id please"

Can a mod please delete the thread now, I've found out the information I need to know so there is no need to have it taking up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back