What must I do for heating?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

undecidead

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently bought a Exo Terra Enclosure from the pet shop and set it all up and I was just wondering what I would use as a heating option. It is summer at the moment, so I know it's not vital but for when winter comes what should I use. The Enclosure is 70 high by 42x42. I bought a heating mat and put it under too see the effect some heat comes through. But I was wondering if it is the best option? Im using aspen bedding as substrate and was wondering if a heating cord would do the job? Should I be using the substrate it came with (100% Coconut) for humidity and so on and sit the aspen on top? The enclosure also comes with a light top as well so would a light be the best option gah I don't know! And where would I place the thermostat probe - halfway down?

Thankyou so much for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 302752

For what species?

Thermostat probe should be placed at the hotspot.

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Exo Terra Enclosure from the pet shop and set it all up and I was just wondering what I would use as a heating option. It is summer at the moment, so I know it's not vital but for when winter comes what should I use. The Enclosure is 70 high by 42x42. I bought a heating mat and put it under too see the effect some heat comes through. But I was wondering if it is the best option? Im using aspen bedding as substrate and was wondering if a heating cord would do the job? Should I be using the substrate it came with (100% Coconut) for humidity and so on and sit the aspen on top? The enclosure also comes with a light top as well so would a light be the best option gah I don't know! And where would I place the thermostat probe - halfway down?

Thankyou so much for your help!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 302752

Using floor heating in an arboreal viv with arboreal species is a waste of time
Using an arboreal viv with terrestrial species is a waste of space

Arboreal species like heat up higher
So your choice of species is important to give the correct advice

the people who sold it to you should have helped you out with all that info! what type of snake is it, then we can help you out :)

Sorry guys thought I said haha, it's a Jungle Python about a year old.

- - - Updated - - -

Using floor heating in an arboreal viv with arboreal species is a waste of time
Using an arboreal viv with terrestrial species is a waste of space

Arboreal species like heat up higher
So your choice of species is important to give the correct advice

Sorry guys thought I said haha, it's a Jungle Python about a year old.

- - - Updated - - -

the people who sold it to you should have helped you out with all that info! what type of snake is it, then we can help you out :)

Hey junglelove. The enclosure is for my 1 year old Jungle Python.

a jungle python is more arboreal so a heat lamp will be the go. with some branches to climb on and get closer to the lamp. make suretheres a cage over lamp so he doesnt burn him self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back