what one too get?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy_01

Reaction score
i was thinking of getting a lizard sometime next year, but i dont know which one to get? i was thinking other knob tail gecko, bearded dragon or ridge tail monitor?

opinion's please

i love the red phase bearded dragons but i gues it all comes down to personal preference, and a how big you bank account is:) like you will clearly need a bigger enclosure, lights etc for a breaded then a gecko :)

Depends what you would like out of the animal -
Entertainment, Handling etc.

If you want an active animal go for the ackie,
If you want to handle them go for the beardie,
If your fine with just watching them go the gecko.

That depends on whether you want something you can hold and interact with, or a look but dont touch pet.
Gecko's are less tolarent of handling than beardies. I'm not sure about monitors.

Depends what you would like out of the animal -
Entertainment, Handling etc.

If you want an active animal go for the ackie,
If you want to handle them go for the beardie,
If your fine with just watching them go the gecko.
Beat me to it

thankyou. well i like beardies but they need a bigger enclosure, but i like how they like to be handled to. this is really tuff? yeah i like the red phase bearded drangons too are they just as easy to get?

yer comparing the set up of a gecko to a ridgie there is quite a difference:p
red phases float around youll find one if you were keen:)

yeah i am keen. yeah i might go with the red phase beardie. if any one is breeding them please message me.

Get a beardie. Most Geckos and Monitors dont tolerate handling too well.
Another good choice is a Bluetongue.

Ridge tails are easier to keep than beardies, no doubt. Muuuuch harder to handle though, and super fast.

Sammmmmmy you got around your mum good work man!!! Ok ok, well you said you love the knobbies yeah? Go for them :) or beardies are great too! Start off with them, ackies are a little more advanced :)

i have handled both. the bearded dragons are easy to handle and and the ridge tail just wants to run around, but i wonder if they get better when there older do you rekon they will be still be hard to handle?

reptilerookie ive never ever handled a knob tail they look good, but from earlier post i hear they don't really like being handled. is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back