what other hobbys do you have besides herps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I have my from home business in making scented soy candles and so far its doing really well it keeps me happy when im not playing with my 3 coastals :D

carnivorous plants, home brewing, growing edible things (esp. chilli), mountain biking

Dog Showing and Judging! Yeah i know, i used to get the **** teased out of me at school!

at the moment, building two more enclosures, other then that, scuba diving and 4WD in the Otways, oh and i'm rather hooked to me pc as well

playingwith/breeding rats. snowboarding, skiing, surfing, skating, bmx, downhill mountain biking, running and jumping off stuff:) oh and i also watch alot of moviesLDLD

horses are my only real other hobby/life thing.
i'm not a huge sport fan so that rules out most things.
but i would like to think i am an amature hobbiest surfer/bodyboarder and endruo rider.
but i suck at them.

I'm an artist :) I have a normal job but my heart is in art and anything creative really.
I paint, draw and do a bit of sculpture. I've made prints and carved a bit too, but mostly I draw and paint.
I'm also in the process of writing what will be a childrens book (which will be illustrated by me). .. but that's going to take a while!
I also do a bit of bellydancing and firedancing to stop me moulding into the shape of my seat. ;)

I love reading - I'm about to start up a book club with some local mums to give us an incentive to read something other than parenting books!

I also make sugar flowers and decorate wedding and special occasion cakes. I started learning about 18 months ago and I've already won some awards! I was going to enter a cake in the Easter Show last year but had too many paying wedding cakes on order! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 44
  • pool table.jpg
    pool table.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 49
  • kate wedding cake.jpg
    kate wedding cake.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 50
wow, great cakes!

are those flowers really not real!?

I may sound like a total nerd but learning. I love to learn about anything and everything.

I'm a very curious person:D

I may sound like a total nerd but learning. I love to learn about anything and everything.

I'm a very curious person:D

Well then, I must be a total nerd too. I have tried to undertand why I will suddenly develop an interest in something and go at it hammer and tongs, and I believe the underlying drive is to learn, and then putting what I've learnt into practise.

First it was fish, then orchids, then my 100% native garden, and now reptiles. And, is it just me, or do we all have this desire to have 'collections' as opposed to single examples of things other people find strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back