what sealer can i use?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

302hsv

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
hey guys! just in the process of making a rockwall for my 2nd enclosure which is currently under construction, basically wanting to know which sealer can i use once i have renderd the styrofoam and painted it? if that makes any sense

Yeah ive always used pondtite, available at bunnings comes in a tin and you can just paint it on.
Gives the rock a permanent wet look and is washable and water tight.

I've wasted a lot of foam sheets trying to make fake rock walls.........but I've succeeded........they all looked fake! Given up now.

Would be interested to see what you create.

oh come off it KingSirloin, i've seen the talent you have when making your enclosures

and you claim a simple fake rock is beyond you ?? maybe you just weren't trying !

I'd add bondtite to the last layer or two of render, then seal with pondtite, the bondtite makes it adhere to the last coat like .... well.... glue LOL,,, I just use aquadhere with mine, havent noticed any soft spots, and its cheaper too, just dont use it as a final layer, it will soften if it gets wet,

oh come off it KingSirloin, i've seen the talent you have when making your enclosures

and you claim a simple fake rock is beyond you ?? maybe you just weren't trying !

I'd add bondtite to the last layer or two of render, then seal with pondtite, the bondtite makes it adhere to the last coat like .... well.... glue LOL,,, I just use aquadhere with mine, havent noticed any soft spots, and its cheaper too, just dont use it as a final layer, it will soften if it gets wet,

OMG! I'm impressed! Love that the outside of that enclosure is as stunning as the inside. That could sit in my living room anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back