What snake is this?? Mk II

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The experts might know but i think i read somewhere that they bloat up so they don't sink?????

I would say eastern brown...you didnt see its belly at all?

On second thought, i think your right...might be a keelback :D

Both ticks and mites feed on blood and severe infestations may cause anemia, leaving the snake weakened and susceptible to disease.

Both ticks and mites feed on blood and severe infestations may cause anemia, leaving the snake weakened and susceptible to disease.

:DAw how sad.If i ever see an animal with ticks(like blueys and other lizards) I rescue them and call WIRES.:D

Mulga snake, although called a king brown, its actually a member of the black snake family
eastern brown snake, as the name suggests, it actually is a member of the brown snake family ;)

Looks like the taipan in a previous thread! so im going with Eastern brown! lol:D

The juveniles I saw were about as thick as my skinny old finger & maybe 2 to 2 1/2 foot long & appeared nothing like a juvy eastern brown, just a small version of the big fella with a slightly paler head than body. I followed one when it swam into the sticks to get some photos & I lost sight of it. Shortly thereafter I considered it prudent to retreat to open water. I assumed they were all Taipans, but what do I know! I'm sure the big fella wasn't a mulga though.

Maybe it was a Collets on holidays.

Col J

another one!

i was cleaning a pool one day and saw a mongrel dog shaking the ******* out of this very pretty colourfull snake! i just got to it too late it was pretty torn up. any ideas in what it might be?

cheers,

Sasquatch

Attachments

• DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00020.jpg
    DSC00020.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 87