What snake is this!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no clue but after my careful uneducated guess im gunna say brown tree snake i know im wrong but its the best i can think of either that or some kind of whippy.

is it local to Australia?

are you starting up your own guessing comp to gain popularity??? :)

ummm, is that actually a snake? it appears to have upper eyelids. if it is, thats probably a good clue as to what it may be tho.....(im a little clueless if ya cant tell;))

I'm guessing a Masters Snake or something like that. Hard to tell without seeing the markings on the head. Come on JasonL give us a clue- where was the pic taken?Pretty please??????

Simone.

Last edited:
That's a bit unfair, seeing as we have no idea where the picture was taken.

The biggest clues would be the narrowness of its body, the way it's kind of knife edged like that, that's a tree snake characteristic isn't it ? The scales are also a bit of a clue, they look pretty prominent, lyk individual scales, another tree-snake characteristic ? It looks venomous to me by the shape of its head. Colubrid perhaps ?

I'd say it was an american snake, but then again, for all we know it may not be a fair game at all, cld be photoshopped, or a trick question... maybe thats just my paranoia kicking in lol.

Either way i'm not a snake expert at all, just making some observations.

Last edited:
It's got round pupals Buddha, not a Fer de lance

I sure that it is not a brown tree snake, maybe a crown?

Sorry guys, been away.. Ok, it is a non Australian snake, the snake is found throughout most of Asia and I took the photo in Bali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back