Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheReptileMan

Reaction score
Hi guys
very excited to discover i have snakes around my new house!
Got a quick glimpse of one just now, was in the water, managed to slow it down with my snake hook for a bit, but dropped the snake when it lunged at my hand.

i know it was either a Keelback or a Rough-Scaled Snake.

It was brownish, with dark brown speckles, and a pink belly? which one will it be?
Thanks in advance, Dan.

Sorry didnt have time for photos

Be a bit Carefull, the 2 are sum times hard to tell apart, and u dont want to take any risks with a Roughie.

Dan,

From what you have just said it could be either...but more likely a roughie from the response....unless you could tell it had a loreal scale of a snake moving away from you or could view the nature of the subcaudals.

Cheers,
Scott

Dan,
mate dont go handling snakes unless you are 100 % sure what it is, even then, give it a miss.

Thanx heaps for the advice guys
yea i thaught it was best not pursuing it unless its something obviously harmless like a python lol
but i googled it and roughies have creamy yellow bellies and keelbacks pinkish, so im sure he was a keelback but gotta be extremely carefull still
Thanx again guys

hey Dan i have keelbacks here in my area and their bellies vary..I just dont touch them better safe than dead..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back