What sort of stimson python do i have?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the jungle guy

Reaction score
just wondering what sort of stimmie this lil guy, what ive bein told and the exp from the breeder i have doubts and learnt to take everything with a grain of salt since,

what do you guys/gals think?

attachment.php

that's hilarious, "in stitches here" 50,000 comedians out of work and here's you trying to funny!!!!!!

what locality is this stimmie from can anyone identify that via picture?? ie: Flinders range, SA, WA, QLD, George town, Wheat belt etc etc etc

Last edited:
took 5 weeks to get the akl, breeder has 2 names, never answers his phone, never calls when messages left, refuses to give feed and shed charts which clearly shows there is no charts becuase nothing has really happened, claims he is a very established feeder and clearly is not, as he is undersized and weight since ive discovered by quiet a few people, and this person took advantage of myself and my lack of knowledge of snakes at time of getting the snake i had some one that i thought i could trust and help me get into snakes, otherwise i would not of went through this breeder and went through some one local on this forum,
lol its a big mess and a night mare

im sure we have spoke in my previous post when we couldnt get the lil guy to eat at all for 5 weeks, he still not feeding unless assist fed, originally told it was a sand-fire, W.A., wheat-belt all from the same person, all i know its a stimmie and was hoping some experienced people or breeders can help my identify what sort of stimson he is besides cold blooded or scaled :|

You may never know what local it is , hatchys always look different than adults , it could be a mix of localitys , it's very hard to know for sure.
Whats it eating?

I think a picture from a different point of view would help :/

There is only 1 person that can answer the locality question and that the person
who it came from!
Given that that person gave you a few different locals and wont hand over any records
relating to the critter i would even doubt they know and attached a name to it to sell it!
This seems to be a bit of a trend of late.
There is no one on this site that could give you an answer from pictures or even looking
at the critter in the flesh.
What you have is a nice looking critter with dubious heritage.

he is eating a skink i force feed him, rodents he just regugatates, the only thing his has ever eaten is 2 skinks, he's 6 months old, dont have any other pics,..next visit i will get better ones..

thanks for that guys, thought i might be able to get a better idea of his locality, yea it is a skink he is eating he refuses to eat pinkie live or thawed no matter how its offer as Tatt2tony said, and big thanks to Tatt2tony he is now atleast taking skinks so he is eating something :), i thought he was quiet a good looking stimmie, where he is from doesnt bother me at the slightest but would of be nice to know,

Tatt2tony, since last saw you he has eating another 2 skinks and following the first skink un-assisted i put the pinkie in his mouth as it was open with no force wat so ever just sat in his mouth and bite down on the pinkie, he kinda took and tried to take it down but didnt, then followed another skink un-assisted, tried pinkie again but same story took it but spat it out approx 4mins later,
DSCF0363.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried putting a piece of garden skink tail in the pinkies mouth and offering that to your stimmie.They can be fussy stuborn little buggers at times most of my first stimmie hatchlings i ever raised only fed on frozen garden skinks for their first year i know its wrong but definetely works. All those hatchlings started eating rodents on their second summer through a great deal of persistance and patience
thanks for that guys, thought i might be able to get a better idea of his locality, yea it is a skink he is eating he refuses to eat pinkie live or thawed no matter how its offer as Tatt2tony said, and big thanks to Tatt2tony he is now atleast taking skinks so he is eating something :), i thought he was quiet a good looking stimmie, where he is from doesnt bother me at the slightest but would of be nice to know,

Tatt2tony, since last saw you he has eating another 2 skinks and following the first skink un-assisted i put the pinkie in his mouth as it was open with no force wat so ever just sat in his mouth and bite down on the pinkie, he kinda took and tried to take it down but didnt, then followed another skink un-assisted, tried pinkie again but same story took it but spat it out approx 4mins later,
View attachment 150167

Mrkos,

we have tried everything in the book, i have a very knoweledgable breeder helping me at this stage with the feeding side of it, no doubt stubborn little bugger but then again confident that he has not eaten aswell

Specsta1er:
curious what makes you think its a platinum mac?

Mate if he is taking skinks dont worry alot of the older snake books will tell you that skinks are the prey of choice for most australian python juveniles in the wild, lets face it how many hatchling stimmies or carpets come across available nests of newborn rodents on a weekly basis whilst on their forages in the wild. Ime not trying to say feeding hatchlings skinks is the right way to do it all ime saying is that it definetely works mayb your stimmie just needs a bit more time. 6 months is still young and its winter wait untill next summer when he goes into full feed agro mode like they are renowned for and with a bit of extra size might progress to rodents. Like i said before ive been in this situation with baby stimmies and all of them have come good with time. Just dont feed them ASIAN house geckos or the stripey types found on fences . The fat dark ones found in your garden frozen and thawed will work fine.

i hope you were not sold this python cause a skink eating hatchling is not worth a lot and should not be sold or given to someone unless they really know what they are doing when it comes to getting hatchies feeding properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back