what thermostats do people recommend that aren't going to cost me $100

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plsdonthurtm

Reaction score
looking for a thermostat for 2 ceramic heat emitters, but all the ones I can find are at least $100

why cant they be over 100$? you're paying for quality and safety of your animal with brands like microclimate and habistat

you're going to want a pulse proportional thermostat for CHE btw, not just a regular on/off

why cant they be over 100$? you're paying for quality and safety of your animal with brands like microclimate and habistat

you're going to want a pulse proportional thermostat for CHE btw, not just a regular on/off
because I'm a broke teenager that cant afford $100

You want a dimming thermostat for them. A pulse proportional thermostat will destroy a CHE (even faster than an old fashioned on-off one will), which to be fair is exactly what should be done to them.

OP: If you want to save money, don't use expensive garbage like CHEs. There are cheaper, better alternatives.

Pulse proportional is the way to go for ceramics and they last a long time on average ,i used them for breeding bhps in the day. Important thing with thermostats if you use them is getting a good brand that has a easy to replace fuse, need to be able to fix them quickly or they are useless.

You want a dimming thermostat for them. A pulse proportional thermostat will destroy a CHE (even faster than an old fashioned on-off one will), which to be fair is exactly what should be done to them.

OP: If you want to save money, don't use expensive garbage like CHEs. There are cheaper, better alternatives.
what do you recommend instead then?

Back