what to do with my 6ft aquarium?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some pics of what?
an empty fish tank?
empty-fish-tank.jpg

Put it on it's end, put a mesh front on it.
Fill it with branches, make your rainforest scene.
Then add Angle Headed Dragons!
They are on the basic licence now.
They hate the heat, so the heat loss with glass is perfect.
Just need to add UV & a waterfall for drinking & humidity.
You can buy them pretty cheap.

Put it on it's end, put a mesh front on it.
Fill it with branches, make your rainforest scene.
Then add Angle Headed Dragons!
They are on the basic licence now.
They hate the heat, so the heat loss with glass is perfect.
Just need to add UV & a waterfall for drinking & humidity.
You can buy them pretty cheap.
know anywhere in the western suburbs i can get them. im planning on custom building a glass tank for a few in the future.

I was about to suggest Angle Heads before i read Gary's posts.

They are a great lizard, a rain forest tank and a few of those would look stunning.

Yea angle headeds are great and love lots of room in that size tank you could probably fit a small colony...

Crocs and any type of monitor will out grow a six foot tank in no time because it is only 1.5 feet deep i would not put anything that gets longer than the depth .
As i think (snakes aside ) lizards that have to double up on them selves to turn around in an enclosure looks awful,
I would set up a really cool desert habitat and put a pair of netted dragons or similar in there.

Dabool a pair of netteds in a six foot? If you only wanted a pair but you could probably fit 5 or so in there...

yer im kind of going between either some netteds, angle headeds, or beardies (was gonna say bluetongues and shinglebacks but i have a tank lined up for them =]

Even Beardies may be slightly cramped in a 45cm wide enclosure, but netteds are a great choice, pygmy beardies are great as well

Make sure the lid is tight, set it up like the insides of rocky caves and throw a nice pair of Giant Cave Geckos in there.

I'd go the netteds, imagine the stuff you could put in there for them even if you had 5 in there it would be plenty of space. Alternatively you could put a divider in the middle and have two 3 foot tanks. Netted one side, pygmy beardies or geckos on the other.

I'd go the netteds, imagine the stuff you could put in there for them even if you had 5 in there it would be plenty of space. Alternatively you could put a divider in the middle and have two 3 foot tanks. Netted one side, pygmy beardies or geckos on the other.

Yea i agree you could have two netteds in one side and two knobtails/pygmy beardies in the other. It would just be a little more costly having a few basking spots and trying to keep the tempreture gradient right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back