Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have recentley come into a considerable amount of wealth well for a 14 year old boy that is.... I was wondering if you guys have any idea on what i should spend it on, i want something to do with herps, i was going to buy a tank and supplies but the main thing of course is a reptile, my mum says no snakes so i was wondering if you guys have any ideas of what i could get!!

Any help would be great!!

if your come into considerable wealth dont spend it on herps. be smart and make it into a greater wealth. find a good bank account that has little fees but pays a high interest rate. if you have enough to buy a block of land, buy it. you may think thats boring and no fun, but ill bet you will be laughing in a few more years when your friends are struggling and your got what there struggling to get

Thanks wranga but i already have a bank account with a bit of money and i really want to get a new reptile!

I know you should buy a diamond pythons or open your own herp shop:lol:

Depends what you like.
Geckos are cute but from what i have read they are more of a look dont touch kind of pet.
Bearded dragons are faily popular, can be handled and are not too expensive. Same goes for blue tongues.
I really like turtles but they require a bit more cleaning/maintenance.

Yea i was thinking about a turtle only because i love fish as well and it seemed like a healthy compromise! I also like blue tongues and bearded dragons however ive already got a pygmy bearded dragon, so a blue tongue might be better what about angle headed dragons or something like that! Any pics of peoples pets and enclusures would be great!!!

if your come into considerable wealth dont spend it on herps. be smart and make it into a greater wealth. find a good bank account that has little fees but pays a high interest rate. if you have enough to buy a block of land, buy it. you may think thats boring and no fun, but ill bet you will be laughing in a few more years when your friends are struggling and your got what there struggling to get

I agree... you will need the money much more when your 17 - 18 looking for a car to buy... and at that age you hopefully be looking at other things besides herps...and a nice car can help ;)

i also agree with wranga. put it in a term deposit until you NEED it. trust me that day will come... over and over and over again.

Yea i was thinking about a turtle only because i love fish as well and it seemed like a healthy compromise! I also like blue tongues and bearded dragons however ive already got a pygmy bearded dragon, so a blue tongue might be better what about angle headed dragons or something like that! Any pics of peoples pets and enclusures would be great!!!
If you dont mind the work involved with keeping a turtle, then maybe that would be a good way to go. I think pig nose turtles are gorgeous, but i think they grow to a descent size so you would need a pretty big tank for one of those. What state you are in will also have a bearing on which species you can keep.
Have you seen this months Reptiles Australia mag? Have a fantastic article on angle headed dragons.
The central netted dragons are pretty cute too, but i havent got a clue on their requirements.
All the best with your choice.

I would have to agree with wrangas advice also. You will discover later in life that money is not easy to come by.

get a blue tongue my blue tongue is the sweetest little girl ever.... most friendly animals. too bad your mum says no snakes :( my parents say no cats! haha. they're backwards. good luck let us know what u end up getting.. beardies are cool aswell i have 3.. theyre cute as

or a beardie they need attetion everyday and they eat more then any other reptile i know but!
they are an awsom pet to keep you can hold them most of them dont bite and they are great to feed.
good luck

jason

it depends what sort of 'wealth' you're talking about...
if its a couple of hundred, blow it on herps! :D
angle headeds are pretty cool... but not really good to play with... the one we had here would try and run off everytime you opened his door lol.
buy a breeding pair of something.... that way, if you do it right, you'll continue to become wealthy :D

if its more like a couple of thousand or so, definately put it into an account...
who knows, in a few years, you might want a car, or do stupid things like move out or buy a diamond ring lol... and diamond rings are expensive... :p

I love how all the adults are saying put it in a bank account!! and all the kids are saying spend it on herps its not that much money but enough for me to setup another tank and buy another reptile, the reason im not going to put it into bank account is because the money i make from work goes into one of those so i already have plenty in there!! Im debating between turtles and another lizard keep the ideas coming guys!

if its a couple gs then put it into an account and maybe take $500 from it and use that on herps, if not its under $500 id just spend it :)

life supply of mars bars!!!! if not a breeding pair of something like cute lil geckos or get some sort of dragon, just my opinion.

PS. dont forget the mars bar idea!

4768_107137354136_792659136_1837004_2612553_n.jpg
get a friend for your pygmy dragon??

or a froggy?

Last edited:
Nice pic!! yea i was thinking about another pygmy beardie but i would need a bigger tank!! keep the ideas coming i like the turtle idea and the southern angle dragons any body got pics of there tanks??

I love how all the adults are saying put it in a bank account!! and all the kids are saying spend it on herps
Hey, i'm an adult! And i was giving you herp ideas.

Thick tailed geckos are cute, and dont need alot of space but do you want something to look at or something to play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back