What to feed baby bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is a picture of our baby Lizzi, had him for about a month or 2.. Have tried him on tomato's but doesn't seem interested, offered food's such as strawberries, but still isn't interested, and how do you know which hibiscus flowers to give and what type of folage to give also, we are first time owners with dragons... He eats small crickets that are covered in gutload, and he also has been curling up in a lil ditch he has dug himself in, today he had a warm soak for 5-10 mins or so, what else would I do to care for him. He also goes to a certain corner and scratches while on his back legs is that normal for them to do?

Hey Aussie Python Lover! :)

Firstly, PLEASE DO NOT feed your dragon tomatoes- they are VERY high (dangerously so for dragons) in Phosphorous, have VERY little protein, moderate oxalates and VERY high acidity... Tomatoes are amongst the top five WORST things to give to dragons... Who on earth suggested you feed him this???

PM me your email addy and I'll forward you a truck-load of info! My Care-sheet, Food Suggestions, Nutritional Content of Foods etc...

Sorry, just seriously shocked at what I read in your post! :shock:

Hope to hear from you soon, so we can get you and your dragon on the right track! :)

All the best,
Carolyn

Where's the LizardLady at??
She was on fire ITT.

Here I am! So sorry for disappearing! All 'normal' again now! :)

Just thought I might add that I don't chop any of my leafy greens. The dragons seemed to take to greens quicker if they could rip off chunks of it naturally. Some people even use a clip to attach the leaves to the wall, stimulating a natural plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back