Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy09

Reaction score
Hye today i went to the illawarra reptile society's anual show and mum said i can finally get a reptile so im filling out the application form so roughly how long would that take to get the liscence and i cant decide on what i should get but its not allowed to be a snake or have anything to do with water for the substrate right now im deciding on:

Eastern Hooded Scaley Foot
Bearded Dragon (any type)
Smooth Knobtailed Gecko
Ridge Tailed Monitor

im so happy becuse ive been trying to get a reptile for years but now i cant decide so can you guys help and if you have any other good good reptiles feel free to post the type and why its good, would be really appreceated
(sorry for those who get angry because threads like this have been already posted)

If this will be your only reptile then get a beardie as they're the tamest. If you dont really care about tameness then I'd go the monitor. Although some ackies are tame and can be handled.

i dont know i may get beardies to start off with then get other stuff

but the beardies were at the bottem of the list but im open to all options

Get a Scaly foot not alot of people have them and its something different,

But Ridgies are awesome

Beardie all the way.they are clever,loyal,smart,nosey and enjoy going for walks on their leads (if u teach em)

Intreraction = Beardie, but cost is the greatest for this and the Ackie on feed and heating, uva/uvb
Something rare n different = Scaley foot
Something kool but you'll hardly see = Gecko

If you get a beardie become a member of ABDF (Australian Bearded Dragon Forum) for some good advice. Not that you won't get that here I may add.

Time to do alot of reading, Lastly show us picks of what ya get ;)

Last edited:
Go with a beardie.Perhaps take a look at blue tongues,very under rated and I can't understand why they aren't more popular.

Last edited:
What do you want out of your pet? That will help people give you better advice.

Do you want something to play with or are you happy just to watch? The temperament and requirements of species you listed are all very different. Also how much room do you have to house your new pet? Ackies and central Beardies need large enclosures.

definately beardies to start with, theyre such lovely interactive animals!!

another awesome choice would be shinglebacks, (part of the bluey family)

while beardies love to accept a snuggle, shinglebacks snuggle back,...!!

yeh ive thought about bluey's and shinglebacks but this isnt my very first rep when i was 4 and lived near my dads house he got my and my brother a bluey each but mine died shortly after getting him and he was a realy good pet but i might not get another one yet because the ones i realy like are the western and central but i never see them for sale same as the shingle back and central netted dragon

I'd get a bearded dragon. I had one that was like a dog that would follow me around while I picked up rocks in the backyard. Made for cheap feeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back