Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.James

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I managed to score a decent sized fiberglass pond with the rough fake rock/sandy fish. It also has another small level that you can put water up to and it will flow back into the pond..

Looking for some suggestions on what I should put in it...nothing hard to maintain or keep, & that can handle the heat and cold as it will be outside..??

Yabbies maybe..

no turtles or goldfish.

Anything else?

I had a big catfish named Slipper, he was great, looked interesting and different and unique, was quite interactive as far as fish go too.

You could probably catch a variety of critters in your local area(be careful to avoid mosquito fish though). If you are after a bigger fish a bass might be a good choice. Crayfish will destroy most plants so may not be a good idea, although you could always eat them if they become a problem.

a baby croc then when it grows up swap the pond for a pool!!!!!!!!!!!

You could probably catch a variety of critters in your local area(be careful to avoid mosquito fish though). If you are after a bigger fish a bass might be a good choice. Crayfish will destroy most plants so may not be a good idea, although you could always eat them if they become a problem.

I reckon the bass sounds like a good idea or the yabbies, but would they climb out? (the yabbies not the bass lol)

Another thing would birds pick out the yabbies or bass ? I'm guess most people put a net or mesh over their ponds?

get a red tail cat or a tiger shovelnose or if you wanted to heat it grab a nice big arowana!

the yabbies will eat any fish u put in there, slash them up and eat them for dinner if the fish arnt fast enough...
i have tandanus cats in my out door, there just under a foot long atm, all though they do eat anything they possibly can!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back