What types of disinfectant do you use??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkbones

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what disinfectant people are using for their enclosures.
i know f10 is very good but it also comes with a very good price.
yes I know not much is used an it will last u for a long time and is great value for money you pay, but I'm wondering what other products do u use for ur enclosures to keep them Clean and healthy

$30 is too much to pay for what will effectively be years worth of cleaning? I doubt you would find anything better value for money in domestic cleaning products.
A lot of people also use diluted bleach. You need to let it completely evaporate though.

I use pine-o-clean 2 times a week undiluted. I also have F10 but don't use it because I can't stand the smell of it.

Virkon-S. I have been using it for years with many animals and it works great. It has a great many applications and is very cost effective product.

Regards

Wing_Nut

$30 is too much to pay for what will effectively be years worth of cleaning? I doubt you would find anything better value for money in domestic cleaning products.
A lot of people also use diluted bleach. You need to let it completely evaporate though.

$30??? What size is that.ive only seen the $104 for 1ltr

Virkon-S. I have been using it for years with many animals and it works great. It has a great many applications and is very cost effective product.

Regards

Wing_Nut

thanks.another product I haven't heard of

I've used diluted vinegar for years and have never had a bacterial infection in any of my animals. $1.60 for 2 litres.

I've used diluted vinegar for years and have never had a bacterial infection in any of my animals. $1.60 for 2 litres.

Whats ur ratio u use.and if u make up a ltr at a time does it last and still good to use or do u have to mix up a fresh lot if its not used quick enough

we use F10 SC concerntrate and we dilute it in a spray bottle. it can be purchased online from hiss n bits for $30 plus postage for a 200ml bottle.

Vinegar has few, if any, antiseptic properties. Its cleaning properties are purely due to it being able acid, so it's good for acid soluble stuff. Indeed, I'm fairly sure some oxygen-loving bacteria can use it as an energy source.

F10 dilluted to the strength that kills everything (including nasties like rabies) and sprayed on then left to air dry for 30mins. I then use a clean dry scot towel to remove any residue or pooling F10 that hasn't evaporated.
Everytime I replace bedding - 2 or 3 layers of scot towels, every couple of weeks.

I spot clean and remove any poos or dead crickets as soon as I see them.

I am still on my first 200ml bottle of concentrated F10 , 16 months after buying it. Have a second one (bought by accident on Ebay) in the medicine cabinet that I don't expect to need to start using any time soon.

I also use F10 wipes when I am spot cleaning to clean my hands afterwards.

Last edited:
I am with Saximus and 33s152e with the F10 , I bought a 200ml bottle over a year ago and still have over half a bottle left. No doubt that other products work fine but this product is made for the purpose and not that expensive. I for one do not know enough about bacteria and other nasties that may get my snakes sick to figure out whether the other products work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back