What was your first???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) What was your first album ever purcased -

2) what was the first concert you ever went to-

mine was

1) Brothers in arms (dire straights) on vinyl :lol:

2) Poison (open up and say aaahhh tour) made my mum take me when i was 7 or 8 yo

this should bring up some surprises

donks
1st album was a vinyl of Powerage by AC/DC which I still have to this day!!
1st concert was again AC/DC which was the Stiff Upper Lip tour 2001!!!

1- First album with my own money- Cold Chisel- EAST( a must have aussie icon) and Brothers In Arms may have been my second. First single was Stevie Wonder- Hotter Than July.
2- First pub gig- snuck into Blacktown RSL as a 15yrs old to watch the Sunnyboys with my older brother and his footy mates.(totally awestruck)
First major concert (not a pub gig) was again Cold Chisel- i think it was the Circus Animals concert (again with my older brother) early eighties

ist Album was ' A Hard Day's Night'...The Beatles

Ist concert was Deep Purple, Free and Manfred Mann....all in the line up on the day. Cost $2.50 to go.

Ummmm...thinking....god it was sooooo long ago ......ummmm (can u smell something burning?)
First album - Whatever the first Abba record was 0.o
First concert - Midnite Oil before ANYONE knew they existed....I sat on the stage practically under Peter Garretts feet and ended up sweated on....urgh. Only about 20 or 30 people in the hall.

BUT!!!!!!.......I"M GOING TO SEE PINK IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) What was your first album ever purcased - Real Macoy

2) what was the first concert you ever went to- Ricky Martin lol

wow i fail! but the first concert i went to without rents wa blink182 and it was awesome :)

First album, I bought two. Black Sabbath - Paranoid and David Bowie - Pinups.
First bands I saw was at Boxhill Town Hall on a Saturday night. It was either Lobby Lloyd and the Coloured Balls, Madderlake or Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs.
First big name band was Led Zep at the Kooyong Tennis Centre.

ist Album was ' A Hard Day's Night'...The Beatles

Ist concert was Deep Purple, Free and Manfred Mann....all in the line up on the day. Cost $2.50 to go.

lol.... im amazed, decimal money.... thought it would have cost you 3 shells and a pebble

First album - Metallica's Black album
First concert - ABBA, as a child :)

Hrm, I think my first album was Cold Chisel - East too...

My first concert was Cold Chisel Last Wave of Summer tour for my 8th birthday!!!

Haha, i've been listening to Chisel since I was wrigglin around in the womb...

1) What was your first album ever purcased -To my horror it is Nikki Webster.... *shudder*...

2) what was the first concert you ever went to- Toddler Proms :D

Given - Sherbet 'Howzat' bought - Midnight Oil 'Head Injuries'

First gig was illegally lifted by older cousin thru window to see Oils at Sands Hotel, Narrabeen with a smuggled hipflask of Johnnie Walker and ended up at Manly Police, throwing up and waiting for my old man....happy days.

Chipmunk Punk .... well I was a kid ;)
first concert.....???..... hard to remember....was a hazy part of my life... I think it was Billy Joel at the Ent Cent.

My older cousin gave me my first cds:

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Bathory - Blood Fire Death

I am forever in debt to my cousin for introducing me to the darker (better) side of music.

First (proper) gig:

Metallica @ The Brisbane Entertainment Centre - 97 or 98??? Too many beers since then.

I was 12 and got my birthday money ...wanting to rebel against my parents after making me listen to the likes of wings and ABBA ...I bought the album (and at the time only knew one song on there,bought it more cause of what the cover looked liked)...IRON MAIDEN number of the beast ...I flogged that record to death ....
when I was a teen in western Sydney ..they use to put on alot of concerts at flemington markets where alot of bands got together ..so I saw many a band in one concert ..ranging from radiators ,angels ,rose tattoo,eurogliders,uncanny Xmen,UB40,midnight oil,all on one day ..sort of like what the big day out is now ...singular concerts aimed at one band would be U2 at the Sydney Entertainment centre I was 14 and my sister took me along to it ....

I got given 3 albums in 1970 LOL
1/ jimi Hendrix - experience
2/ Led Zeppelin - 1st album
3/ Jethro Tull - stand up
i still have them, all in good condition - still get played from time to time...
my 1st concert was Slade when i was 7 or 8. ( old fart eh ?) LOL :D

1: Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers
2: 28 Days/Grinspoon/Butterfly Effect/Kittie in 2003

proclaimers, sunshine on leith
fugazi or janes addiction (cant remember which was first), 1991

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back