what would a boa be worth over here???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxon

Reaction score
just wondering has anyone heard of prices that these excotics or othersgo for?

Is there any point to that question? They are illegal to keep so why would you bother even asking what they are worth?

well im interested to, mainly because if they were to ever legalise exotics what kind of prices would people be looking at paying for them? i think it is an interesting question but i dont realy think there will be an answer because there is no way of knowing.

curiosity. wondering what people get in return for taking the risk of bringing these animals in to australia.

alot of people said they had been offered exotics, i thought that ment some people may know what they are worth, and yeah im sure im not the only one interested in what they go for at the moment.

well as for what they get for them now as ilegal herps,they would probably get crap all cause if i had them i would want to get rid of them ASAP. but i wonder if they were legalised how much they would be worth and the reason i ask is cause there could be some rare exotics in Oz right now and the people that are braking the law and owning them could possibly be sitting on a gold mine, and that pisses me off.

greebo,
i know. so the question is what do they get for taking this risk??? does anyone know??

Fair enough question, nothing wrong with a bit of curiosity. Boas probably go for about $400, maybe a bit more and they throw a cornsnake in for free.

Actually it's more like $300 and no conviction recorded. No not personal experience :)

I don't think it really matters what they go for. Only worry about that if they become legal here JMO :)

lol! buy 1 get 1 free. Thats a good deal!. I wish that happened with our native species :p.

only $400, is that a hatchling? what about adults? and what about if they became legal, d you think the price would go up??

The only boa I have seen recently was in the owners place of business :roll: It was a common red tail and he said he paid $600.

My guess is that exotics will never be legal in Oz. I think the country learnt the hard way the damage that feral species can do. They wouldn't risk it ever. Are the exotics more attractive? the ones I've seen pics of don't seem to compare to ours in my opinion.

I have been offered red tailed boas for $400, Chameleons for $650 and the list goes on.

Some people I have met seem to think they can get anything.

I think they are way over priced and not worth having if you have a licence.

A chameleon in the states would go for about $30us.

Are the exotics more attractive
some look great but i still love the true Ozy animals. i just cant weight to see some of our own morphs starting to grow in oz, and the animals that ozy breeders have bred that show great colours and patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back