what would a boa be worth over here???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a competition between exotics and native. There is nothing that compares to a chameleon or a green basilisk or a Fijian Iguana or a mature male Green Iguana.

I think that Boyd's, Jungle's, GTP all compare quite favourably with your choices

IMOP as they are illegal they are worth nothing at all, wouldnt pay 50 bucks for a pair of Emeralds. If on the other hand they were legal well that would be a different story.

I have heard similar prices, I ask if they can get anything why wouldnt they start getting Green Trees, and selling them for 1000 bucks instead? Bet a few of you would be interested then!

Illegal in this situation is a redundant pointless ingorant contral issue where the government is, suprise :eek: surprise :eek: cashing in on.

I dont have exotics because they are illegal and would not risk my collection of beautiful reptiles, but I know people who do, and big deal. :p

The Facts:
* They are here
* They are not going anywhere
* All the down sides are already here (What ever diseases etc) whether you like it or not. Putting ones head in the sand does not fix it nor do many pointless revenue chasing stupid fines.

What I'm saying, just because the shiny bums say it is illegal doesnt make it right.

I also dont agree with the smuggling or the cruel way it is done.

I like the boyds & other aussie lizards, I even used to have some, many years ago as they are great and beautiful animals.

But......None of ours change colour at the drop of a hat nor do they have a tongue that flicks out to 3/4 of their body length to catch their pray. Now lets not mention there indipendant eyes. Has one lizard ever offerd so much?

This next comment will drive many even madder. :twisted: :twisted:
Are you ready :lol:
If it was legal to have Boas here, I would have many more Boas than Pythons. Hands down, no contest.

But as it is in all these discussions, Just IMO :twisted: :lol:

I would still have my Diamonds thou :wink:

OK.... Be gentle as you let your comments fly. I'll cover my eyes. :p

you gusy don't have chameleons, you have no idea what you all are missing out on.

however breaking the law isn't that high on my "to do list"

Everyone keeps saying that it is illegal to own exotic reptiles but its not. All you have to do is open your own zoo. :D

I heard it is very hard to incubate boa "eggs" :roll: :shock:

I agree, it is a fair question.. for the curious out there......
The boas mainly available are red tails, although i've heard of Emeralds trees and brazilian rainbows getting about. Last season red tailed boas were around $150 each. I think the others were around $2000 a pair.
Apparently kenyan sand boas are still getting about the place in fair numbers, and a few years ago i heard of some Rosy Boas for sale. I dont know any of those prices...

-H

I can?t believe how many people have been offered exotics. Can anyone get me a Komodo dragon hatchling? Not an adult, I don?t feel like getting eaten just yet :lol: :lol:

Sydney is rife with exotics. If you have the money you can buy some interesting specimens...the ones i have seen are red tail boas, mississippi red-eared sliders and corn snakes. I reckon in south wetern sydney there would be more corn snakes than many aussie pythons

Deano said:
I can?t believe how many people have been offered exotics. Can anyone get me a Komodo dragon hatchling? Not an adult, I don?t feel like getting eaten just yet :lol: :lol:

I got one, well sort of, I'm the proud zooparent of tukka the komodo at taronga who I sponser. How much you offering? :wink:

I would love to take him but I think his a bit to big, lol. Just a question on that are Zoo keepers aloud to breed exotics, and if they are what do they do with all the hatchlings they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back