what would happen if my dogs nailed a burglar in my backyard?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yer i new that

...not quite what you said earlier...

mmmm sorry about that but i looked it up and the burglar can sue you 4 having

a dangerous dog:cry: it could get put down:cry::cry::cry::cry::(:(:(:cry::cry:

...I think you will find the liability factor regarding 'Dangerous' and 'Restricted' dogs would only be the case if you did not have them housed the way they are required to be - if a burglar was bitten by a dog previously deemed 'Dangerous' then that burglar must have broken into the locked and secured holding pen for that animal - I know burglars are rarely known for their breathtaking intelligence - but that's just downright ridiculous...

:xI used to have prowlers. I know have 2 great dogs, 1 G Shepherd and 1 Dane/ Bull MastiffX, a sign ;)"WARNING! This property is protected by CANINE SECURITY SERVICES" & picture of dog with smoking gun. Dogs have front, back and the house during the day . No-one comes in my gate now, or over the fence "cos there is no telling where the dogs are!!!!!! :lol:problem solved. I keep them in at night tho for their safety.

:xI used to have prowlers. I know have 2 great dogs, 1 G Shepherd and 1 Dane/ Bull MastiffX, a sign ;)"WARNING! This property is protected by CANINE SECURITY SERVICES" & picture of dog with smoking gun. Dogs have front, back and the house during the day . No-one comes in my gate now, or over the fence "cos there is no telling where the dogs are!!!!!! :lol:problem solved. I keep them in at night tho for their safety.
you could just have them bait trained if thats what your worried about. the training teaches them to only accept food from you no matter what.

Did that with my last G Shepherd. She was so great. Never ate anything unless I gave it to her, until 1 day....... :shock: never again. Anyone who has ever seen a dog baited with 1080 would NEVER risk that again. Horrible death, for dog and helpless owner. :cry::cry: I dont wish that on ANY animal!!!

[QUOTE=Aslan)
If your dog attacks someone who is ILLEGALLY in your yard - and your dog is NOT deemed DANGEROUS or RESTRICTED you are not liable for the damage...(common sense finally legislated)...

That is exactly what i was told, my dog isn't classed as dangerous.
We have now put up trellice on the fences, my fences are now a good 8ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back