Whats the largest reptile you can own in Australia-Python/monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Recently I have been seeing quite a few monitors for sale. They look amazing, something different to snakes and I am enjoying looking at pictures of them.

Anyways I know that in Australia one of the largest pythons (is there any larger ones) that you can own (legally) is the scrub python (some record upto 18 feet (commonly around 13-16 usually???).

But what is the largest monitor that you can own (legally). Also what are some common lizards/monitors that are good pets and easy to maintain (I have owned beardies before).

Check your schedule list but some states can keep V. giganteus.... Don't really get any bigger than that in Australia ;)

WHOLLY lol, that is a big lizard lol. Did know australia actually had ones that big. Wow. Don't think that would be practical haha! Thanks for pointing it out tho :)

Most states you can own a saltie they get pretty big for a lizard .

haha would pass on one of those i thinK!

I know they are not big but i saw my first boyds rainforest dragon in real life the other day. Wow what a spectacular lizard

you said what are some common lizards, i recomend an eastern water dragon get a little hatchy its fun to watch them grow :)

The boyds are really cool arent they.. They are on the list with gwd's for the turtle pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back