Whats this fella??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi guys went on a little expidition today and came across this little fella, just wondering what he is ... i think i know but if i am right he is a long way from home.

Cheers
Matt

Pretty sure its a mountain dragon ( tympanocryptis diemensis). A unique feature about these guys is their blue gums. If it has yellow gums then its a jacky.

Looks more like a young jacky to me. Mountain dragons have a more rounded head. But as serpenttongue has said the best way to tell is by the colour of the mouth.
Here's a pic of a mountain dragon....I'm pretty sure its rankinia diemensis now also.

Rankinia_diemensis.sized.jpg

definatly a jacky.... very yellow mouth.

He was found at the You Yangs in victoria, as far as i knew they arent native to this area.

Yeah, plenty of Jackies all around the coast here, pretty much the only dragon we get here. Great, fuss free little lizards to keep i'm surprised more people don't have them.

He was found at the You Yangs in victoria, as far as i knew they arent native to this area.

Plenty of jackies out there :) There are quite a few good populations within greater Melbourne too. Very common lizards, most Melbournians spin out the first time they see a dragon in their own city, I know I did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back