Whats with aps being down most of day???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what the go with this site is?? i've had soooo much trouble getting on here it's not funny

I think we all have Darkangel....don't take it personally!!! hehe

All I can say is I feel sorry for the subscribers, paying money to advertise on a site that hardly stays online. You would think with all the doe paid out there would be a more reliable server?

that's why i don't understand why they haven't done anything to fix the prob. hopefully they can let us know what's happening so ppl don't get annoyed and leave.

well i should also its ridiculous that ppl are paying to keep the site up n running i havent been able to get on for two days unitl now :|

oh common now, there's not that much money coming into APS.
dedicated hosting is like $300+ a year alone, then if you want cropper management and design, it's a heck of a lot more.

yes but the ppl paying $5 or $10 is contributing to that amount they pay to keep the site up and running but to have it crash for ppl who have paid you would think they want to get wat they are paying for its no loss to me really $5....i make that 600 x a week lol :D im sure ppl will get over it :D

It is a bit hard to let anyone know what is happening when the system just crashes.....

hmmm, yes very annoying...I know of another site unrelated to herps, that i was a subscriber to amd they started having server issues alot and a HEAP of people ended up leaving over it...

I think whats worse is not knowing when/why/how, or when its expected to stay up for a decent period. Fair enough, these things happen, but its the people (thats us!) that make a forum what it is - surely we deserve some sort of notification???

Well for those who feel they are out of pocket because they pay the site and it is down, perhaps you should ask APS for a refund of 1.4 cents for sellers and 2.8 cents a day for subscribers because that is about the extent of the damage to your bank accounts:p

Question Whats with aps being down most of day???
Lol id hate to be someone who would have withdrawl symptoms from this site lol since it was down most of the day i guess it happens but damn i was bored all day and couldnt do any reading from here lol

Answer: Unfortunately servers do crash which then becomes a problem that is out of APS Mods hands but yeh i do agree i couldnt do any reading from here but in the process i did find some interesting information elsewhere.......

A temporary fix to the problem could be that we resort to the *Chat* ..... I bookmarked the chatlink and for some unknown reason i was able to log in but rest of the site was down...

hope this helps as i tried so much to refrain from whinging or complaining

It's not the money that bothers me. I am annoyed because sellers/subscribers aren't the only source of income to help maintain the site. there are also site sponsors etc who pay for advertising. Surely there has to be something more reliable then this.

I think that the admin/moderating team have had ample time to put a post up and at least apologise to people for the interuptions.

I also note with interest that a certain member who attacked me in a thread yesterday has refrained from attacking the female members here for saying pretty much the same thing I said.

THe problem is even if a server is presumed reliable unexpected circumstances may occur, electrical problems, fires, unexpected hardware malfunctions. APS could acquire a very reliable server in Sydney and then the city is hit by a meteor, lots of things could go wrong. Though I do agree a thread could have been posted when the site went back up that explained what had happened. Also, if your favourite internet site is down why not go out somewhere, see a movie, go sit in a park. There is too much dependence on the internet for people to find leisure these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back