Whats with aps being down most of day???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit hard to let anyone know what is happening when the system just crashes.....

Well that is not quite true. I use several US aquarium forums. When they are down you get an email with an explanation why they are down and how long they are likely to be off line. Don't know if that is an option here. Mail servers can be anywhere, even GMail is an option I suppose, remote from the site host server.

Answer: Unfortunately servers do crash which then becomes a problem that is out of APS Mods hands but yeh i do agree i couldnt do any reading from here but in the process i did find some interesting information elsewhere.......

A temporary fix to the problem could be that we resort to the *Chat* ..... I bookmarked the chatlink and for some unknown reason i was able to log in but rest of the site was down...

hope this helps as i tried so much to refrain from whinging or complaining

nope, every time the forum has gone down, so has chat for me...

And woo has the biggest nightmare when this happens?
Poor Slateman Junior

I also note with interest that a certain member who attacked me in a thread yesterday has refrained from attacking the female members here for saying pretty much the same thing I said.

That's because you're a ***** and they're not. :)

THe problem is even if a server is presumed reliable unexpected circumstances may occur, electrical problems, fires, unexpected hardware malfunctions. APS could acquire a very reliable server in Sydney and then the city is hit by a meteor, lots of things could go wrong.

Yes that is true, but when it happens multiple times in one week? If a problem occurs, fix it...If a problem keeps occuring then either
1) The problem was not fixed properly
2) The server cant be deemed reliable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back