Whats your favourite dog breed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilez123

Reaction score
Whats your favourite breed of dog i own 2 dogs ones named snowy which is a chihuahua x pomeranian and the other named serenity which is a pitbull x.

i have 4 dogs now, a chiahuahua, a border colli cross and 2 pure breed amstaffs. my favorite breed are working dogs inparticular border collies they are so intelligent. but have to admit my chihuahua is my favourite as i have had her the longest and she is such a great little dog. but love staffies too as they are such loving gentle giants. oh i can't choose i love all dogs.

German Shepherds without a doubt. Own two of them :)

Iv only ever had German shepherds and Rottweilers. They are my favourite!!! but i occasionally borrow a friends King Charles Cavalier. Most inbred numpty I'v ever come across! but perfect for cuddles and lapdogging. Such a character ;)

Great dane.... My last one was a black with little white patch on his chest. His name was Elwood. Before that, I had a harlequin boy called 'Harley' naturally :) (he had one blue eye and one brown)

Border collies by far :) German shepherds are one of my favourites too, though. I'm DEFINITELY more of a large dog person. That probably stems from the fact far too many small breed dogs are spoilt and mis-behave shockingly (I work in the animal industry) but that doesnt mean all are like that. Small breed dog wise, I like cavalier king charles spaniels (quiet, friendly, tolerant, nice coat). but back to the large breeds; golden retrievers, kelpies, bernese mountain dogs (uncommon/rare), bull arabs, great danes... I will have to admit that one of my all time least favourite breeds is the staffy- everyone has their own tastes though :)

Kody :) He's 6mo now :)
562915_10151175140037952_1575370142_n.jpg

377184_10151234350747952_744859492_n.jpg

480987_10151182028742952_2045334204_n.jpg

554474_10151272516872952_1906644804_n.jpg

403975_10151272516502952_2139413026_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, couldn't help myself- just had to post photos :) There arent many people I can show my boy to, and I love him :) Curious to see what breeds others like too, though. Explainations 'why' you have a certain breed would be awesome :)

Huskies for me, ive never owned one but i will, their strong, courageous, super cute and cuddly lol our next door neighbours used to own two of em, and they used to somehow get in our yard but we didnt mind, they were great fun until one day they got in and ripped through the metal of our rabbit cage, we got up and went outside to find pieces of rabbit all over the yard, that was pretty horrifying at the time.

I like bigger breeds, coz I hate tripping over little dogs :lol: Elwood was a lap dog..... he would back up to the chair you were sitting on and sit on the cushion between your legs, then sit there.... if you stretched really far out, you could almost pat him on the head :lol: He could wear my footy jumper and he could stand on his back legs with his front paws on your shoulder.... then look down (and drool) on you :)

His worst down side was, when he turned around he could clear the table :shock: with his tail :rolleyes: and very hard to eat dinner with his big boof head and puppy dog eyes trying to suck the goodness out of your food as you were trying to eat it :lol:

I have a Portuguese water dog. BTW if you look them up on google images they are fairly ugly coz they trimmed weirdly. We needed a nonshedding coz my mum's allergic. the whole oodle thing was too much. we didnt know who to trust and they are so inbred. anyway, obama has the same breed and exactly the same markings. if you look up pictures of bo obama my dog is almost identical but bigger. a big black wooly bear with white socks and a white chest. I must agree i'm a big dog person too.
Love great danes, dobermans and Newfoundlands and i do quite like weimaraners. i just love dogs. incl hot dogs...

- - - Updated - - -

and i think it would be cool to own an irish wolfhound. when we were buying our dog i begged my mum for a great dane, irish wolfhound, doberman or newfoundland. she's allergic though so when I grow up ill get one of the above.... or all.

German Shep's - Own two and grew up with one <3

I also own two Alaskan Malamutes but they are by far not my favourite breed, they kill alot of things.

Also love Border Collies, Rough Collies, Great Danes, APBT's, Am Staff's, Blue Heeler(Cattle Dog) and Kelpies.
I am however partial to red Huskies :p

Yeah I love aussie shepherds too. the merle colour amazes me. I desperately want a doberman. dunno why. they are just such handsome, intelligent and strong looking animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back