when your looking for that special one

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just interested to see how other herp enthusiests track down that perfect python? I live in sa and there is a few shops about the place but what about other states? do you use facebook? wait for them to pop up in the APS marketplace or is it all just word of mouth??

My next purchase i'm hunting down but what i'm buying i want to be real pretty and i don't want to waste the time of breeders to see some photos then insult someone buy not buying because i don't think their hatchies are right for me..

Just interested to see how you do it??

JD

Snake 1- bhp- saw hatchies photos on breeders site- met and chose one
Snake 2-darwin- being badly mishandled at LPS- bought it to get it away from them
Snake 3- albino darwin- chose as an egg from breeders photo
Snake 4- file snake- grabbed one when one became available locally

Very very happy with all of them :)

cheers Steve, i've seen a few people who have avatars with stunning pythons. maybe i might just start to pm people lol

I buy of APS, few reptile websites, I also talk to people i purchased stuff off and get to know what they have, who they know that has what etc etc and if they have things or know people who have the things i'm interested in i tell them to give me a buzz if you breed them works wonders and you get alot of cool stuff before they end up advertised in the first place.

First I always buy from reputable breeders.
Second I look at there breeding stock and chose what pairing I feel is going to produce the looks and pattern I'm after.
Third I make sure it's a great feeder that took a mouse rite away.
fourth I usually buy animals from repeat clutches as you will have a good idea what they will produce.
Fifth I look for a hatchling that has roughly the same pattern(or lack there of) and color as the standout animal from that repeat clutch.
Sixth I follow what my gut is telling me. If the breeder is not willing to answer my questions(within reason) and send me pictures if need be then ill walk. You will find that a lot of breeders are more then willing to answer questions and send you pictures. Hope this helps.

I just don't feel rude if I don't think someones python for sale is right for me. I have limited space available for more snakes and that means I want the perfect animal for me. Depending on the species they live for 10-20+ years, it is a long term commitment, I have to think that I will still have these animals when I am 30-40 years old. Because of that, I want the perfect snake for me! I have been hunting for an albino darwin with a completely white head for months now, I've annoyed every breeder around but still have not found one. That doesn't mean I won't keep looking for exactly what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back