where is every body

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Reaction score
there are so many people on line, is there a chat room I dont know about?????? please tell me Im lonely

we should really get a chat thingy going. thatd be sweet

Chat is too easily abused, possibly an unofficial chat room we can link to and have no formal ties with, that way the responsibilty is not on us but members have a place they can congregate. Does anyone have a chat room they would not mind sharing that we can link to?

what about an msn community? It could be set up to be related to this site but as Slateman_Junior says, have no formal ties.

If a community is set up, there can be a heap of extras like chat.

I dont mind setting one up (each MSN user can only have one community at a time), but my html knowledge is limited.

Lonely? I live down the road and always in for a bit of herp talk.....................

Hi Amy..No you can have about 50 communities ...I have a few myself and would be willing to help out...It's a non HTML site so its easy for people to make one ( html works abit but not good for the fancy- schmancy stuff )

Cheers , BB

Hey Marc, sometimes when i see so many members online but nobody posting comments I've wondered the same. Maybe there's a secret handshake thing goin on? :?

I am sure that some of our members chat secretly, and i am not blaming them. They mabe do not like some people with to strong opinion there or some troublemakers.
By my opinion chat is to hard for me to handle. To much bad manners and nastiness for me.

BB, really? I haven't been on msn in a while so it might of changed.

Parko, I am with you. But I agree with Slateman

Slateman, thats the joy of having an unofficial chat site. Also with MSN each user can choose to ignore others without affecting the community. Also they can pm while in chat. (atleast when I used to be on MSN)

I think the MSN community is a no go. APS itself used to be an MSN community in its very begginings :) I was thinking just an IRC chat room of sorts. Where do all the |33t people who use IRC hang out to talk about herps?

Slateman, yes I know you are right, it would get nasty. I hope you dont mean me when you say ''to strong opinion'', as I was a little angry at one or two bozo's during the last coupla days and apologise to you if this is what you refer to.I felt I and some others were belittled by more experienced herpers for no reason other than we asked a question. Anyway I'll be using the PM function for my future responses to these types, not making others listen to this crap.Once again apologies extended to admin if I caused a prob!
The new but passionate Parko. :wink:

Reply to threads...Duh :D Well I spend the majority of my time doing that anyways :)

I thought I heard something to effect that all msn chat was being closed down after concern about kids at school chatting to strangers.

Yes I heard the same hasn't it come into being yet? (''rockspiders'' really are the ultimate low form of rot)

I am sure that some of our members chat secretly

Its hardly a secret far from it.Its just with all the trouble with the last room and the fact that APS didn't want anything to do with chat because of those problems that it has never been advertised on this site.

As I undertsand it the old APS room is still available #aussiepythons_1 on the austnet channel.At least I think thats the one.

cheers M.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back