Where is Mum? Somewhere under there.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people need to watch the Lion King...

"Circle of life"

I think you'll find that on the lion king, the animals at least have a chance at life.. what you're doing is nothing like that..

If you were however to take your snake outside and let it down with a rat, and see who wins out of that.. I'd have no problem whatsoever with it.. Because it would be an even playing field.. You're pretty much cutting the legs of a cat, handing it do a dog, and saying go for it!

Again no disrespect to anyone.. just trying to share my point of view.. whether it's wanted or not.

I think you'll find that on the lion king, the animals at least have a chance at life.. what you're doing is nothing like that..

If you were however to take your snake outside and let it down with a rat, and see who wins out of that.. I'd have no problem whatsoever with it.. Because it would be an even playing field.. You're pretty much cutting the legs of a cat, handing it do a dog, and saying go for it!

Again no disrespect to anyone.. just trying to share my point of view.. whether it's wanted or not.

No disrespect Aimee, this is Aussie Pythons and Snakes, not Australian Rat Forum.
I do sell a large number of Rats to the pet trade, the rest get culled humainly for the reptile trade.
If you like, you can come over to my house and I will let you pick out a rat (free of charge) and keep it as a pet.

You need to understand a few things.

-The rats are pre-killed before they are fed to the snakes. Anyone who feeds live is an idiot. It puts the rat in a very stressful position, and if the snake for whatever reason doesnt kill and eat the rat, the rat can cause some serious damage to the snake.

-It is not about having a level playing field, we are not in the wild. The fact is, snakes need to eat, and snakes eat rats...
Even pre-killed rats that you buy from a pet shop have to be killed, so what diference does it make if you do it yourself?

As Andy said, your opinion will be welcome of the Australian Rat Forum :lol:

nope i dont even have a second thought about feeding rats to my snakes....all i care about is that the ratties are killed as humanely as possible..........

It seems I was under the wrong impression... I understood that by breeding the rats yourself, you would be feeding them to the snakes live.. HUGE relief to learn that you are humanely euthanizing them first.

As long as they aren't alive when being eaten I have no problem with what you are doing, and withdraw my previous objections.

Sorry to anyone I may have offended.

Oh and Andy thank you for the offer but I already have a very cute rat and he already has friends. Thanks anyway! :)

Oh and congrats on the VERY cute babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back