Where to buy Polystyrene?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wastedgriny

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am thinking about making a fake background for my beardies enclosure and I was wondering where i could get enough polystyrene.
could I just go down to Bunnings or Masters. by the way I live in Cairns so I know there must be some of it here. The length is 120cm and height 60cm.

Thanks in Advance. Griny ;)

Go to Harvey Norman, retravision, bing lee, good guys and ask their staff if they have any, they generally have a heap out the back or out in the big bin outside.... I've had sugar loads from them and best of all..... It's free!!!!

Search yellow pages for polystyrene - that's what I did here in Townsville and found a company that does insulation/cold rooms. Cheap too :) Otherwise, do what most seem to do and look around your local Harvey Norman or supermarkets...

I got mine from the Harvey Norman dumpster, they said to help myself any time. The good part is a lot of what I got (the moulded stuff) is really high density tough stuff. I also got quite a bit of flat sheet which varied in density and thickness.

Fruit a veg shops are another good place for foam boxes. They're normally a dense foam that has the benefit of having flat and even sides which make glueing pieces together very easy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back