Where to buy woodies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering where the best place to buy woodies from? Ive seen herpshop and will probably go for them but is there another good place?

I want to get woodies this month or next and feed them off at the start of next year, is this enough breeding time?

Also for adult roaches from the herpshop its $6.60 and babys $3.30 would it be better to get lots of babys and wait or get adult ones?

Thanks, Daniel

i get about 20g of the smallest ones, 10g of the size up from that, and 50g of the largest ones

Ok, so its better to get all different sizes? Is there any where else you can get woodies?

woodiesforsale do a search of that on here!!! I bought woodies off them and they were great

The info Ive been given so far seems like herpshop has the best prices?

Just got my first order from these guys and quite happy with what i received.

I was extremely happy with my first order but then for some reason, after I received my second order, quite a lot of them were dead already, probably 50% and then within a day or two, probably 90% had died. I emailed them and within a couple of days I received a call and they were quite happy to replace my order free of charge. The next lot I got were fine and I only lost a few which is to be expected and they do put 10% extra in to allow for ones that die during transit.

They are so much cheaper than anywhere else I've found and it's helping out a worthy cause.

i love herpshop, but ARCade has better prices, and quality IME. also freight is cheaper. Plus profits go towards the froggies...

also Livefoods unlimited is cheap, but they can try charge you a fortune on shipping. (attached is prices)

Attachments

• AA_Pricelist_07.doc
    40 KB · Views: 65
I think I need your help again. If I buy from the arcade it will cost $21 but If I buy from herpshop it will cost $16. But on the arcade they say adults and on the herp shop they are 55 day olds.

Is it better to get adults or 55days old. Hopefully I will be getting some next week.

Also, on the herp shop its $4.40 for 20mm ones and $5.50 for 15mm. Why is the bigger one cheaper?

The prices stated on HerpShop are based on average weights. You need to whip our your calculator and do some maths.

I believe that the lifespan of the roaches is something like 60 days, so I'd class 55 day old roaches as adults.

Biology of Nauphoeta cinerea based on Laboratory Data (Averages) at 30°C:
Minimum period between moult to adult and copulation
6 days in both sexes
Interval between moult to adult and production of first ootheca
13 days
Interval between moult to adult and hatch of first brood
44 days
Interval between hatch of successive broods
1st - 2nd 40 days
7th - 8th 99 days
Average broods per female
Incubation period in brood sac
36 days
Eggs per ootheca
Hatched eggs per ootheca
Percentage of hatched insects that matured
99%
Number of moults
7 - 8
Period of nymphal development
.​
(i) in isolation:
males (7 moults)
females (8 moults)

73 days
94 days
(ii) in groups:
males
females

72 days
85 days
Adult life span
.​
males
365 days
females
344 days

Ive already done the maths, thats how I got those number and I have got other prices aswell. The lifespan for woodies is 365 days isnt it?

Beat me to it, yep thats what I thought

dig what up of the garden? Woodies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back